Majesty vs Sovereign

MLB

We are a family of 4 including kids ages 5 and 8. We are planning a cruise in March and are debating between the Majesty and Sovereign. The kids have cruised once before at ages 2 and 5 and loved it. Does anyone know which one might be better? The kids will spend lots of time in the kids program (their choice), but will dine with us during early seating. We don't mind sailing out of Port Canaveral or Miami, as we have family to visit near both ports.

Thanks.

We are a family of 4 including kids ages 5 and 8. We are planning a cruise in March and are debating between the Majesty and Sovereign. The kids have cruised once before at ages 2 and 5 and loved it. Does anyone know which one might be better? The kids will spend lots of time in the kids program (their choice), but will dine with us during early seating. We don't mind sailing out of Port Canaveral or Miami, as we have family to visit near both ports.

Thanks.

Both ships are just about identical.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/home.do;jsessionid=0000WBOQN5xhcRNWPW1dC48DHxy:v29bc6gq?shipClassCode=SS&br=R

I doubt there is much difference between sailing on either ship, other than home port and itinerary.

Biggest difference between the Majesty and Sovereign right now is price. The Sovereign price has gone sky high. We wanted to book the Sovereign for a 3 day in January while on the Jewel a few weeks ago, but the lowest available outside cabin was over $1000 for 2 of us. Same cabin same cruise earlier this year cost us less then $600! If price does not matter, I'd go with the Sovereign as the staff is great!

Both ships do the same itinerary, so that should not be an issue.

We will go March 14 due to spring break. For that week, the prices on the two ships are similar for now.

I am leaning towards the Sovereign for the day at sea and the recent refurbishment, but my hubby wants to see Key West. We went to Key West about 7 years ago.

Archived