Ventura Feb 2009

Seejay

Hi, We are first time cruisers who have just booked the Paradise Isles (N904) on the 13th of Feb 09 for our 30th anniversary, have a few questions which we hope someone can help us with.

• We were asked if we would accept a free upgrade if it was offered and without thinking said yes, they then said we could not refuse if it was given, was this a mistake? as the cabin we have booked is inside, C deck and in the middle of the ship (we were told this was best)
  • As we are flying on the Friday and the ship does not leave Barbados till the Saturday pm, will we have the chance to go into Barbados to stock up on toiletries (will leave more room for clothes if we do this) and to have a look round?

I know it is ages away but i whittle a lot and don't want to spend all this money and not enjoy it cos i have stressed over stupid stuff.

Hi, We are first time cruisers who have just booked the Paradise Isles (N904) on the 13th of Feb 09 for our 30th anniversary, have a few questions which we hope someone can help us with.

• We were asked if we would accept a free upgrade if it was offered and without thinking said yes, they then said we could not refuse if it was given, was this a mistake? as the cabin we have booked is inside, C deck and in the middle of the ship (we were told this was best)
  • As we are flying on the Friday and the ship does not leave Barbados till the Saturday pm, will we have the chance to go into Barbados to stock up on toiletries (will leave more room for clothes if we do this) and to have a look round?

I know it is ages away but i whittle a lot and don't want to spend all this money and not enjoy it cos i have stressed over stupid stuff.

I would not worry about what cabin you are in the Carribean as it normally is quite smooth, and Ventura is a big ship so you are unlikely to feel any movement. You will be able to go off the ship and have a look round Barbados. Bridgetown, the capital is not very far from the port. You will pass through there on the way to the ship from the airport. Taxis will accept US dollars and probably most of the shops but you may get change in Barbados dollars so its best to have some low denomination US dollar bills. Note Barbados dollar is around 4 to the pound so make sure you understand what currency the taxi drivers are quoting you in.

Brian

We went on our first cruise for our silver wedding anniversary.

To make it extra special you could do what we did and book a 'deluxe Occasion package'.

For about £140 you get:

a BOTTLE of Champagne, Box belgian chocs and a flower arrangement in your cabin on arrival,

a Champagne breakfast on the day of your anniversary delivered to your cabin

a formal portrait photo - you can choose your favourite one, perhaps one taken on a formal night.

A Massage and facial - I had those ! Worth £50 each

We booked the alternative dining on Arcadia 'arcadian rhodes, to ,make the day special - perhaps you could book Marco's WHITE ROOM? A nice chance to have a table for two.

Sue

Archived