Back from the Carnival Glory with a 16-month old

Baxter

Finally! Someone I can agree with. There is no harm in letting a baby splash around for a couple of minutes. Obviously no one wants poop in a pool but come on now. Who's to say the potty trained kids aren't peeing in the pool??? U could be swimming in adult pee too... At least if a baby does it you can inform the proper staff and will not fear embarassment. Since you cannot guarantee that anyone will hold in their body waste at any age is it really fair to punish those in swim diapers??? When I sailed on the NCL Spirit they had a little pool for babies to use and they were all in swim diapers. No accidents and the babies had a lot of fun. I'm not saying it's the most health wise choice but the kids had fun and that is what matters. Unless you can guarantee that no children are peeing in pool-which u can't-then they should have something set up for those in swim diapers.

Urine is sterile (unless one has an infection). Poop is not. Therein lies the problem: adults can control their bowels...non-potty trained children cannot.

There is a reason these rules exist and it's not to punish babies and their families: it's to keep the ship safe from any kind of illnesses that can be had from poop in the pool (e.coli, etc).

And that comment that I bolded above? It's people with the mindset like that that give family cruisers a bad reputation. People who know the rules, but choose not to follow them. The majority of people who cruise with little ones follow the rules, and still catch flack because of those who don't.

What is up with the negativity and Flaming on this thread?!?!?!:confused:

Can't everyone lighten up? Guess what? Kids have a right to be on cruises. They paid their fare like everyone else. I see rudeness on cruises quite often and I don't feel compelled to tell people how to behave. What gives anyone the right to comment on another person's parenting or the behavior of their child? In the abscense of any public danger, everyone should mind their own business!

Just to clarify.... I did NOT mean that diapered children should be allowed in the pool. I would never break this rule, and would only use a pool for my baby if it was specifically designated for diapered children. I was refering to the general negative tone of some of the responses that others were posting. After all, this is the family cruising board and it tends to have more of a positive tone. BTW, I Don't see one of the posts that I was refering to. It said something to the effect of "why would you let your child cry in public?". I just don't understand people who need to be the parenting police.

Hahahaha, I am laughing over this. No, I do not break the rules and I do not give family crusing a bad name. Get a grip on reality. I'm sorry if I stated what was my opinion. This will be my first time cruising with an infant. You do not know me and do not even decide to judge someone you don't know. You sound a little crazy! maybe that's why people look at you with that certain look. I'm done with this board. U cruising mom's are too much for me to handle. I have enough stress in my life-I don't need more from a web forum. Try having some fun every once in a while... It might change your tune.

Hahahaha, I am laughing over this. No, I do not break the rules and I do not give family crusing a bad name. Get a grip on reality. I'm sorry if I stated what was my opinion. This will be my first time cruising with an infant. You do not know me and do not even decide to judge someone you don't know. You sound a little crazy! maybe that's why people look at you with that certain look. I'm done with this board. U cruising mom's are too much for me to handle. I have enough stress in my life-I don't need more from a web forum. Try having some fun every once in a while... It might change your tune.

Right on!!!!

We have cruise three time now with our daughter, she's 9 yrs old at this time. She loves to spend a couple hours each evening at Camp Carnival. My brother and his family will be joining us next Febuary and their son will be 20 month old at that time. Could some one please tell me what activities and sitter arrangements are availible for children under the age of 2 yrs old?

Thank you in advance.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Are you really thinking of leaving your 2yo on the ship while you are in port? What happens if you get stuck somewhere and you miss the ship? What if your child get hurt or sick?

lmorris2004, I think we might do this with our kids too. Ages 9, 5 and 2. :eek: They'll have each other and some other friends who might make it back to the boat, to look after them, should we be left behind. ;)

Archived