The plans "o" mice and men

Shogun

Hi Folks,

A better man than me was wrote a poem about a the plans o mice and men, well I will not be on the Diamond this summer to Alaska that now will happen next year instead, I will be on the Emerald once more for cruise E819. May be I will meet by long lost bags, I think not, but I do look forward to meeting old friends, anyone want a live from thread.

yours Shogun

Hi Saltire Girl,

Fly the flag, you will love the Emerald, try the warm cookies at the international cafe, time it right and they bring them straight to you, if you have any questions just ask, glad to help.

yours Shogun

Shogun

Along with everyone else I really enjoyed reading your blog live from the Emerald. It was very well written and your outlook was great.

For a while we were getting apprehensive about Emerald as it was getting such negative reviews but the good thing about Cruise Critic is you are aware of some of the problems you might encounter and be able to deal with them.

No ship or crusie is absolutely perfect in every way. We will certainly be packing the correct attitude in our suitcase and hopefully it will manage to find its way to the ship (unlike yours!).

Slainte Mhath!

Well Saltire girl, as you're also putting a literary bent on things with that nice Rabbie Burns quote, I should point out that Of mice and men was not a poem, but in fact a cracking yarn by American novelist John Steinbeck, one of my personal favourites. Interestingly the book was parodied by Disney or another cartoon maker with two dogs, George and Lenny. Lenny always got a puppy and promised to hug him and love him and never let him go.

(in the book, Lenny had a mouse but he was such a powerful guy, he crushed it in his hand.)

Steinbeck did some fantastic stuff. Take Of mice and men, or The Pearl, or Travels with Charlie with you to read onboard....

Sorry, off topic.

Archived