MoBay posts in Carnival thread...

bnsilly

Hate to say it, but after reading the threads about Jamaica in the general Carnival threads, I think we will be staying on the ship....Would love to see Jamaica..but not bad enough to deal with all the other issues.....so sad...wish we had another port instead..

We have been to Jamaica 3 times including a land tour for 8 days. Get off the ship, hire a private guide and go sightseeing. We use the same tour company everytime we are there. We will be on teh Conquest 4/20 with yet anotehr stop in Jamaica....IRIE:D e-mail me at angelaandjohn@charter.net for information on a private guide. The prices and tours are very inexpensive. You can also customize a tour to what you want to see and do.

I agree with the precvious posts. We will be on the same cruise with you Bnsilly and I am a little more concerned than usual. Especially with 2 beautiful young ladies and 2 moms. We will probably go to Sunset or grab a cab to Margaritaville. Tour guides are a great way to go as we have done that in the past in Ocho Rios with wonderful results. Just stay with lots of people and don't go off on your own exploring There are even areas here in San Diego you wouldn't catch me alone and I have lived here forever:)

I agree with daycare provider.... it would be a shame to miss the beauty of Jamaica because of someone elses experiences... there are several good private tour guides on the island.. we have been several times, and have NEVER felt threatened or in danger.... you can email me if you would like more info on a private tour guide at : old_medic@hootmail.com (just take one of the "o's" out of hootmail)

I agree with daycare provider.... it would be a shame to miss the beauty of Jamaica because of someone elses experiences... there are several good private tour guides on the island.. we have been several times, and have NEVER felt threatened or in danger.... you can email me if you would like more info on a private tour guide at : old_medic@hootmail.com (just take one of the "o's" out of hootmail)

I have read your post before here on the Jamaican thread. You used Barrett Adventures in past haven't you? I am using Carolyn again this April. We love Carolyn and Chester's personal attention on the tours.

I have read your post before here on the Jamaican thread. You used Barrett Adventures in past haven't you? I am using Carolyn again this April. We love Carolyn and Chester's personal attention on the tours.

yes, we have used her several times.you can see some of my pics at: http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com please tell her bill and amy from texas said hello when you see her in april...!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't blame you...STAY ON THE SHIP....Jamaica is too dangerous

And so is New York, Miami, Los Angeles, etc., etc., etc.

As stated earlier, don't let someone else's bad experience determine what you do or don't do. I've been to Jamaica 3 times, and am going back twice this year (all land based). I am a female, have beatiful teen and pre-teen daughters and have had NO problem. Take a private tour outside the city and experience the beauty of the island and her people.

Last year I also had strong reservations, especially since we were bringing our dd but went to Sunset Beach and shopped inside the terminal. Only use a red-tag taxi and all was wonderful. This is our plan this year also....I hope you change your mind and go to Sandals or Sunset Beach or one of the tried and true tour guides. It was beautiful and not one single person hassled us regarding anything whatsoever.

Archived