Hi!, thinking of a New England cruise from Boston

susycruise

Cabin fever and the Feburary blues are in full swing :( sooo....it's time to thing about cruising again:D . My DH and I are looking into the 7 day New England cruise from boston on the Jewel at the beginning of October. Any thoughts, tips, bits of info on the ship and the stops??

I look forward to any information from fellow cruisers - thanks!

We went on the Explorer; it was a great trip. Bar Harbor was so incrediable that we are going there for family vacation this year. Check out my review (in my signature); you can skip the stuff about the ship but I wrote about each port toward the end.

The itinerary is great and the Jewel is one of our very favorite ships. Boarding in Boston has become very quick and efficient and, for us, the fact that we live less than a half hour away from Black Falcon makes it a very attractive cruise option. We will be on the westbound TA from Harwich that arrives in Boston in September and will be sailing on her again when she repositions from Boston to Miami. Go for it. It is a wonderful ship.:)

We cruised the Jewel out of Boston to Canada in the fall of 2006. Bar Harbor was wonderful (we had just spent a week in Maine in the summer), and we highly recommend Adadia National Park. Specifically, the private carriage ride is wonderful. We had a great driver and told him to take us to his favorite places in the park. Also lobster at the QuarterDeck was huge, fresh and delicious.

In Portland Maine we took a very long bus ride to the Cog Train. It is a really slow ride up that mountain, but very interesting. We had wind and cool weather at the bottom but blizzard conditions at the top! Glad we did it, but I doubt we would do it again. There was beautiful scenery along the way.

Halifax had the friendliest people and we took a tour that included a boat ride to the Bay of Fundy.

We liked the Jewel so much we are sailing on her this spring to the Balkans.

Have a great time.

The Jewel is my favorite, a beautiful ship, lots of glass and wonderful views. Click on the link in my signature if you want to see some pics. I especially liked the enclosed Solarium, which is for adults - it was a peaceful oasis, especially compared to the main pool area, with the bands playing, bellyflop contest, etc, etc.

Archived