What ship sailed to Hawaii in 2007?

gargoyle999

I'm all set to book a cruise to Hawaii as soon as Princess releases the Feb 2010 dates (vacation planner says that won't be for another year??).

This year the Diamond is sailing to Hawaii and next year it will be the Golden. What ship was used in 2007? I'm wondering if they switch off between the Diamond and Golden or could 2010 be an even different ship?

Well I hope it's one of the bigger ships in 2010! I already have our cabin picked out if it's the Diamond or the Golden! Guess I have to go though all the ships deck plans to find the one I want so I can jump on it when the info is released! :D

I sailed on the Diamond in 2007 but it was the RT Los Angeles. You may be looking at a different itinerary. I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat!

Yes, the RT from LA is what I want! I started spending time learning everything I could about the Golden since I was using 2009 sailing as my reference for price, ports, etc, but then realized that the Diamond is sailing this year! I thinks those two are the same class of ship so if pick my cabin for 2010 and it's one of those I'm ok. But then I wondered if they rotate ships maybe an even different one was used last year!

I'm glad you liked this itinerary! I had booked an B2B on the Carnival Miracle but canceled that as I think I'll like the days at sea a lot. I'm trying to get the best balcony I can in a non-suite and know those will go fast. So trying to be all set when the 2010 dates open up!

We just got back 10 days ago off the Diamond, round trip LA-Hawaii. However, we also have booked a New Zealand - Australia cruise on the Diamond for 2009, beginning 1/17/09, so another ship must be taking over Hawaii then.

Yes, the RT from LA is what I want! I started spending time learning everything I could about the Golden since I was using 2009 sailing as my reference for price, ports, etc, but then realized that the Diamond is sailing this year! I thinks those two are the same class of ship so if pick my cabin for 2010 and it's one of those I'm ok. But then I wondered if they rotate ships maybe an even different one was used last year!

I'm glad you liked this itinerary! I had booked an B2B on the Carnival Miracle but canceled that as I think I'll like the days at sea a lot. I'm trying to get the best balcony I can in a non-suite and know those will go fast. So trying to be all set when the 2010 dates open up!

I have not done this myself, but I have heard that people pick out the cabin they want & tell their TA & as soon as the dates are released they have your info (credit card #/ future cruise credit etc) & they snap the cabin up asap. Now, if it were me:rolleyes: , I would book thru Princess.com myself after learning on this board when the dates are up & then transfer it to my TA. Call me paranoid, but I like to do it myself LOL

Good luck whatever you choose.

Jan

In 2007, the Island Princess did the Hawaii run until it was moved to Alaska in May. After the Alaska season was over, the Diamond Princess began the Hawaii cruises. The Diamond's first Hawaii cruise was in September 2007.

Now, if it were me:rolleyes: , I would book thru Princess.com myself after learning on this board when the dates are up & then transfer it to my TA. Call me paranoid, but I like to do it myself LOL

I like to do it all myself but not transfer it to a TA! Well that's what I'm doing for my Feb 2009 booking on Carnival so we'll see how that goes! :D Just waiting for flights and hotels to become available for Feb 2009.

I like spending time researching the "best" cabin based on my preferences, getting info on hotels, flights, etc then making my own booking/reservations. That's why I'm looking at 2010 already, so I'm all ready when the time comes. Guess I'll be checking for 2010 everyday on the Princess site for the rest of the year just to be safe! :eek:

Archived