Room Service

Elaine0138

We were not charged for Room Service on Arcadia recently. However, there are a few items that are charged for - I seem to remember Smoked Salmon was one. We often used Room Service when we returned from a trip early in the afternoon. Can recommend the Roast Beef Baguette- served with salad garnish and crisps, and the Ham and Tomato one. There are some hot dishes - Spaghetti Bolognaise and Fish Pie come to mind. There are also things like Apple Pie and Cream. We thought it a good service.

Annie:)

• 2 months later...

How much is it customary to tip for room service and must it be in sterling?

We have only used room service on the Sea Princess a few years ago and I think we tipped $1 each time. Can you use US$ or euros?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I would probably only be wanting croissants and coffee in the morning. How much would they add as a tip for that?

Luci5,

If you simply want croissants and coffee in the morning add it to an 'in-cabin continental breakfast' menu (card that slips over the outside doorhandle at bedtime) and you will get it delivered to your cabin at the time of your choice in the morning(I think fom 7am through to 9am - though may be sightly different times - and you can request earlier by writing it on the card)

There is no specific fee for this - and there is no expectation to tip by the crew member binging the tray!!

Also some of the more substantial menu items are free on room service (eg: spaghetti bolognaise) while other items (salmon dish) are charged at about £5 each. As for sandwiches and desserts, again some are free while other items are charged for (and it's not always obvious which is which!!)

Feebee_71 :)

There is no specific fee for this - and there is no expectation to tip by the crew member binging the tray!!

Thanks for the info. Now I won't have to stock up on £1 coins! However I will feel strange and a bit cheap not tipping as we go to Las Vegas regularly where we're used to tipping everything that talks.

Archived