Upsell...Upgrade...Update - And a new question

ltsally

Thanks for the replies on my earlier thread. Now, for my newest quandary. According to our TA, we could get an assigned category EE (797 or 812) for an additional $560 (total), or take an F guarantee for $300 total. The F's are right near the aft elevators and stairs.

We're inclined to go with the F guarantee partly because of the lower additional cost, but also with the thought that if we stay with a guarantee, we might still have a slightly better chance of upgrade.

Hope those who've been this route in the past can tell me if I'm on the right track? Thanks again!

Hope those who've been this route in the past can tell me if I'm on the right track? Thanks again!
We've had very good luck with upgrades on our six guarantees, and since there's so little difference between an EE and an F I'd take my chances with the F Guar.

Don't worry about noise from the elevators. We've been close, and have not been annoyed by them. You might hear a few dings from the time you turn your lights off until you fall asleep, but that's about it. :)

We like to nap in the afternoon on vacation and have had issues being near stairs and elevators. People are not always considerate about making noise and can congregate in these areas, sometimes talking loudly.

For me, a cabin in these locations or under a public area is not a good choice. JMO.

We like to nap in the afternoon on vacation and have had issues being near stairs and elevators. People are not always considerate about making noise and can congregate in these areas, sometimes talking loudly.

For me, a cabin in these locations or under a public area is not a good choice. JMO.

Being near stairs & elevators hasn't been a negative for us - we've enjoyed the convenience. We've only ever heard the occasional ding-dong from the arriving elevator car & then that's only when standing right inside the cabin door, not at the bed.

Now, we DO consider what's above/below the cabin when we make our choice. Wouldn't want to be above the show lounge or below the Lido. Prefer to be where there are just other cabins up & down.

Have a great cruise. :)

Archived