Just Got the Magical Upgrade Call

pigrl

Just got a call from my TA offering us 4 fifthsomething women an upgrade from an AFT mini-suite to a Courtyard Penthouse. Two bedrooms-two baths-whirpool tub-living area-balcony-private courtyard area with pool-hot tub-sundeck, Butler and Concierge service. All for the low low price of an additional $600.00. The only bad thing is that we're all first time cruisers and I'm afraid we'll be spoiled and never settle for anything less. But, on second thought I'm sitting here in central Illinois watching it snow so I guess I would settle for an inside stateroom!!!

Take it! and take it quickly!!! Yes you will be spoiled and always want that level of service but you would be foolish to pass it up. We had an upsell from a balcony to an AB penthouse on our last cruise and our next cruise is on the Majesty that doesn't even have balconies!!! I'm sure I'll be having withdrawal from the butler and all but IT'S STILL A CRUISE! Best of luck to all of you.:)

Yes, you will be spoiled, absolutely! NCL hooked us on our first cruise, too. We have been really lucky to get some great upsells. This last cruise (just returned), we didn't want to risk not getting one, so we bought an AE. We're willing to cruise LESS often now in order to cruise in a penthouse suite. :D

Adele

Congrats. Hope you actually were able to book it.

By the way, that is called an UPSELL, not an upgrade.

And to those that want to know how to get one... there is nothing special you can do. Just the luck of the Wheel of Fortune!

Just got a call from my TA offering us 4 fifthsomething women an upgrade from an AFT mini-suite to a Courtyard Penthouse. Two bedrooms-two baths-whirpool tub-living area-balcony-private courtyard area with pool-hot tub-sundeck, Butler and Concierge service. All for the low low price of an additional $600.00. The only bad thing is that we're all first time cruisers and I'm afraid we'll be spoiled and never settle for anything less. But, on second thought I'm sitting here in central Illinois watching it snow so I guess I would settle for an inside stateroom!!!

Go for it girlfriend!! Don't worry about being spoiled for other cruises....get spoiled when you can! Have a wonderful time...lucky you!

The only upgrade I have ever gotten was directly from Royal Caribbean when I booked a gty cabin. No extra charge for the upgrade. It was cool...much nicer cabin. Then again I did get upgraded from a travel agent on Cunard. We paid for an inside cabin and got a balcony on the Queen Mary 2! That was really geat! It's like the "upgrade fairy" has to intervene...lol.;)

We don't care who sleeps where. We'll probably take turns. We sail this week-end so I hope NCL doesn't have time to change their mind. Our TA said we needed to go back online and change our regristration and when I went there they had already changed our cabin number. And, that was within 1 hour of the initial phone call. Our husbands now wish they had agreed to join us. So, whether it's an upsell or an upgrade...we could care less...it's ours!!!

We don't care who sleeps where. We'll probably take turns. We sail this week-end so I hope NCL doesn't have time to change their mind. Our TA said we needed to go back online and change our regristration and when I went there they had already changed our cabin number. And, that was within 1 hour of the initial phone call. Our husbands now wish they had agreed to join us. So, whether it's an upsell or an upgrade...we could care less...it's ours!!!

You've got that right!!! ;) Doesn't matter what it's called as long as you got it. :D

Have a great time!

Jackie

Congrats! You'll all enjoy the VIP treatment! Make sure you take advantage of breakfast and/or lunch in the Courtyard or Cagney's--whatever fits your fancy:D !

Was it $600 more per person or total for all 4? Either way, it was a very good deal!

BON VOYAGE!

Oh, and make sure your print out your revised online registration form and bring it along with you for when you check in!

Archived