Jewel & Blue Lagoon Breakfast-Are there omelets or how we can eat 2 breakfasts!!!!

LakelandCat

:D Hi everyone. Will be on the Jewel in March and DH and I are taking our 18 month old with us. We typically order light room service in the am and eat breakfast again (gasp...we are on a cruise right?) in the buffet areas. Our room is on the same floor as the Blue Lagoon. I am wondering what breakfast items are available, ie. omelets to order or ready made eggs, etc. Thought this might be an easy quick option to bring back to the room for the baby instead of getting in the crowd at the Garden Cafe since the little one does not drink coffee or eat croissants like we do. :) This would allow us to relax on the bacony with our java for a while before he got hungry for "real food". We cruised on the Dawn for the first time last year but ate only Blue Lagoon once for a quick snack....I had no idea they had breakfast there until I read it on the boards. We previously were devoted Celebrity and RCL cruisers but the NCL Freestyle now has us hooked and it is so easy with the little one. Thanks for any help. I did a search but could not find specifics on breakfast. Will post a review when we get back!

We were on the Star in December and ate at the Blue Lagoon several times. I don't remember much of what they had for hot breakfast. Pretty sure I had eggs, toast, maybe hashbrowns one morning. They did have muffins and pastries. One thing I did notice about the Blue Lagoon, they're not real quick. It might be faster to go to the buffet and grab something for baby.

We were on the Star in December and ate at the Blue Lagoon several times. I don't remember much of what they had for hot breakfast. Pretty sure I had eggs, toast, maybe hashbrowns one morning. They did have muffins and pastries. One thing I did notice about the Blue Lagoon, they're not real quick. It might be faster to go to the buffet and grab something for baby.

I agree, aside from room service or Blue Lagoon, your other choice would be the main restaurant that is open every day for breakfast...so that would not help with breakfast on your balcony.

Never used Blue Lagoon for breakfast but...service is slow in there.

I'm sure the buffet has a much larger choice for breakfast food items.

On the Pearl in January and you could order omelettes from the menu. We enjoyed the Blue Lagoon for breakfast as it was much quieter than the Garden Buffet and the service was excellent. Menu isn't as diversified, but you can get omelettes, eggs and French Toast.

On the Pearl in January and you could order omelettes from the menu. We enjoyed the Blue Lagoon for breakfast as it was much quieter than the Garden Buffet and the service was excellent. Menu isn't as diversified, but you can get omelettes, eggs and French Toast.

We did the same on Jewel's fall 2006 trans-Atlantic. Once there was an understaffing situation in Blue Lagoon at breakfast (it seemed as we got further into the cruise more people "discovered" it as a good spot for a quiet breakfast) but it was resolved. Very freshly-prepared eggs, as I recall.

Archived