Jade -Jan 09

Rahi

Now you're trying to put words in my mouth again. Ihaven't as yet check the fares differences. But it's obvious a 7 day cruise should be cheaper than a 10 day cruise. Let's check the fares for the Gem, since the Jade's 10 day fares have been dropped from my favorite on-line web site.

10 days on the Norwegian Gem departing Jan 4, Jan 14, Jan 25, and Feb 4, 2009

Inside $949 Oceanview $1,199 Balcony $1,599 Suite $1,999

7 days on the Norwegian Gem departing February 14, 2009

Inside $949 Oceanview $1,149 Balcony $1,399 Suite $1,749

7 days on the Norwegian Gem departing February 21, 2009

Inside $699 Oceanview $849 Balcony $1,149 Suite $1,449

I think my point is well proven after just two weeks of 7 day cruises.

$500 off on a popular mini suite, $1000 for two in a single cabin, plus an additional $200 OBC.

You could spend that $1200 for a three night stay in a New York hotel and see a Broadway play and still have cash left over.

Many would actually have time to visit the New York tourist sites.

Now, imagine if NCL changed the Gem's 7 day cruises to 10 day cruises to replace the Jade. A mini-suite $1000 more expensive, the $200 OBC would still leave passengers facing an additional $800 flying from the pre-booked 7 day cruisers bank accounts. I know we'll read more complaints over that. :eek:

Now you're trying to put words in my mouth again. Ihaven't as yet check the fares differences. But it's obvious a 7 day cruise should be cheaper than a 10 day cruise. Let's check the fares for the Gem, since the Jade's 10 day fares have been dropped from my favorite on-line web site.

10 days on the Norwegian Gem departing Jan 4, Jan 14, Jan 25, and Feb 4, 2009

Inside $949 Oceanview $1,199 Balcony $1,599 Suite $1,999

7 days on the Norwegian Gem departing February 14, 2009

Inside $949 Oceanview $1,149 Balcony $1,399 Suite $1,749

7 days on the Norwegian Gem departing February 21, 2009

Inside $699 Oceanview $849 Balcony $1,149 Suite $1,449

I think my point is well proven after just two weeks of 7 day cruises.

$500 off on a popular mini suite, $1000 for two in a single cabin, plus an additional $200 OBC.

You could spend that $1200 for a three night stay in a New York hotel and see a Broadway play and still have cash left over.

Many would actually have time to visit the New York tourist sites.

Now, imagine if NCL changed the Gem's 7 day cruises to 10 day cruises to replace the Jade. A mini-suite $1000 more expensive, the $200 OBC would still leave passengers facing an additional $800 flying from the pre-booked 7 day cruisers bank accounts. I know we'll read more complaints over that. :eek:

Some of us cruise with ITINERARY as our most important decision, not ship. You can give me the BEST ship out there and I would never do the 7 day FL/ bahamas itinerary again.

February 27, 2008

IMPORTANT:

CRUISE CANCELLATION NOTICE

Dear Valued Guest,

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has important information for you regarding Norwegian Jade’s 11-Day Western Caribbean and 10-Day Eastern Caribbean sailings from January 2009 until April 2009. These sailings have been cancelled. The reason for this is today NCL announced that for the first time in the company’s 41-year history, it will deploy a ship year-round in Europe. Norwegian Jade will sail a variety of itineraries in Europe year-round, extending its inaugural season in Europe that begins on March 30, 2008. The ship will now remain in Europe full time through to the spring of 2010 instead of the current seasonal deployment that was to end in November 2008.

We are encouraging all guests to transfer their existing reservation to the brand new Norwegian Gem. Norwegian Gem’s 10-Day Southern Caribbean and 7-Day Bahamas & Florida itineraries depart from New York.

Booked guests have the following options:

1. For guests booked on Norwegian Jade’s 11-Day Western Caribbean and 10-Day Eastern Caribbean sailings from January 2009 until April 2009, NCL will offer the same cruise fare as they currently have booked or re-price the reservation if the fare is lower, for guests who would like to transfer to Norwegian Gem’s 10-Day Southern Caribbean sailings (January 4, 14, 25; Feb 4, 2009) or 7-Day Bahamas & Florida sailings (Every Saturday from November 29 to December 27, 2008 and February 14 to April 11, 2009).

In addition:

· Guests will receive a $100 per person on-board credit (up to $200 per stateroom).

· For guests who made their air and/or hotel arrangements through NCL, we will protect the rates they currently have paid and cover any air or hotel change fees.

· For guests who purchased their own air, we will cover up to $100 per person in air change fees.

· For guests who made independent hotel arrangements, we will cover any hotel change fees up to $25 per person (up to $50 per stateroom).

2. Guests may book any other NCL cruise and receive a $50 per person on-board credit (up to $100 per stateroom). In addition, we will cover up to $100 per person in air change fees and up to $25 per person in hotel change fees (up to $50 per stateroom).

3. Guests may cancel their cruise and receive a full refund. In addition, we will cover up to $100 per person in air change fees and up to $25 per person (up to $50 per stateroom) in hotel change fees.

If we do not receive a response by 5:30 pm EST on March 14, 2008, your reservation on Norwegian Jade will be automatically cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

Please let us know your preference by calling us at (877) 474-2960 between the hours of 9 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday.

For Groups, please contact your Group Coordinator at (877) 474-2968 Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm EST for additional information as certain restrictions apply. Please note that non-deposited bookings will be automatically cancelled unless we hear from you otherwise.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you with your reservation.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you with your reservation.

Sincerely,

Crane Gladding

Senior Vice President, Revenue Management & Passenger Services

Some position title! I think the 2 are mutually exclusive...what a contradiction.

I just don't know what I'm going to do now. I want to book a cruise for March or April 2009. I want to leave out of NY. And I want longer than 10 days. Or at the very least 10 days. Arrrrrrgh! I'm thinking about perhaps relenting & cruising out of Florida (again) and maybe do a B2B.

Darn it NCL. :mad:

[quote name='familyof4cruising']I never said that! I am far from selfish. I would never do that to another sailing. I was just trying to explain that telling the 10 day Jade passengers to go to the 7 day Gem sailing is not a solution. I have done the 7 day and will never again. I can not imagine that someone that was looking forward to a 10 day trip in the Caribbean would in turn want to do a 7 day Bahamas/ Fl as a substitute cruise. Therefore NCL should have realized that was not a great alternative for those that could not sailing January and first week in February.[/quote]
I am with you all the way! just got off the spirit and bought 3 cruise rewards hoping to take advantage of a 10 day easter break cruise with my 4 kids.... uh, not! There is NOTHING I want to do since I would rather stay home than ever do the bahamas/FL run. I am calling NCL (as are my friends) to cancel the cruise rewards. I will book something else. How are you doing 4/5? I thought most vacations are starting 4/9 for the kids. I hate this so much. I was really looking forward to a 10 day cruise with my kids!

SUsan

Archived