All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We have been on the voyager class and they all have frigs. also radiance class, smaller class like the rhapsody dont have them.

Are you saying the Radiance doesn't have a frig, or yes they do?

I can't tell by your post, but just to clear up any confusion, they do have a frig in the room.

Just back from Liberty 2-16. She is one beautiful ship and so much to do. The plug in the bathroom was above the mirror, not a regular plug and it said it was from shavers only. I didn't try to plug in my curling iron or blow dryer. I brought a 3 plug adapter for the vanity area. There are 2 plugs on one side of the vanity and 1 on the other side.

On some of the ships (not sure about Freedom or Liberty) the electrical plug in the bathrooms is labeled for shavers only. On the Voyager, when I plugged my shaver in for an overnight charge it did not charge, unless the bathroom lights were on. The plug was wired through the light switch.

Hypo

With the new itinerary, will passengers have to go through customs before disembarking in San Juan (since they've been to a foreign port prior)?

I believe we will. That has been the practice for all previous cruises that involved a foreign port call before a US call. I think that is why they had always called at San Juan as the first port of call. before going to foreign ports. I don't know why they changed the order of the ports for a few weeks this fall, but it will affect our cruise on Liberty the 25th of Sept.

Hypo

We are flying on Delta from Albany for only $238 a person, including taxes.

Renting a car from Dollar. Input the code "KISS" and it brings the price down to $19 ($29 with taxes) a day!

I have also read that the Dollar code is "KISSE". I know that one definitely works. Maybe both spellings work.

Hypo

I was laying in bed last night and thought of something I don't remember seeing...

What time are the pools/hot tubs open until at night? Thanks!

I believe that at least one pool and the hot tubs are open 24 hours.

Hypo

Im still confused (no surprise) by the H2O zone and main pools. Are they in the same area? deck?

Yes they are in the same general area. The H2O zone is behind the main pool area (between main pools and the Rear elevator centrum) They are separated from each other by a wall where the waterfall flows down into the H2O Zone pools.

Hypo

Hypo - Have you posted on our Meet & Mingle thread? We have a good group going for the Sept 27 sailing on Liberty. I was bummed when they changed our itinerary - I really liked having the sea day between St Martin and Labadee (one of the reasons I picked this cruise) - oh well... I don't understand why they changed it either - and it is only for a short time and then it goes back.

OOPS - saw you on there -for some reason your name didn't register with me...

If you do not get off the ship in San Juan do you still have to go through customs?

So when do you know when the genesis prenaugural is? I want to be on that ship for its first sailing. Definitely would be cool to get chosen for the prenaugural sailing too, but I just want to be on its first sailing. Has anyone heard anything else? I am going on LOS in 5 weeks and can't wait. Anyone going on this one. How many cruises to get platinum, diamond, and diamond plus status? I am currently gold, but I want to start doing some shorter cruises so I can get my status up. Sandye:p

We are sailing on November 8, 2008 and was wondering if there are many kids this time of the year? We are pulling DS out of school for the week to cruise, and hoping that he will have other kids onboard. Thanks!

We are sailing on November 8, 2008 and was wondering if there are many kids this time of the year? We are pulling DS out of school for the week to cruise, and hoping that he will have other kids onboard. Thanks!

Hi Kyle! :)

We've gone this week in past years, and there are always kids onboard no matter when you go. There may not be as many as spring break or summer vaca, but there are always kids. Especially so with Liberty, with the attraction for families being the H20 Zone and the FlowRider, I'm sure your children will have plenty of other kids to hang with. :)

Thanks Christie. Im getting nervous and thought about bringing a friend for zach, but that is such a hassle. Plus its very costly, as Id have to get them a different room. I figured withthe flowrider these ships might attract more families.

Just booked on Liberty for next April. It will be our first time on a Freedom class ship. We are very excited to experience the next size in ship. Voyager class are wonderful...Freedom class must be exceptional. :D

Look forward to reading everything about LOS.

We are travelling with a family group and would like to try both of these options but will only choose one (since it will leave my DMIL and DFIN alone at the table if we bring our son to AO for dinner that night).

As it stands, I feel a bit bad about leaving them alone- but as this is the first ship I have been on with a Chops and I regret missing Portofino;s on our EOS sailing in Nov- I really want to go one or the other of these this sailing.

My other thought would to join the In Laws and bring DS to dinner and we can just have an appy or two and skip the entree and head to Chops or Portofinos when we all separate after our early dinner seating. We can have our DS go to AO (never a problem- he rushed thru his dinners to hurry and get there!) to drop him off and enjoy some quiet dinner time ourselves.

Does this sound feasible?

If you had to pick one, which would you choose and why.

I know taste is subjective, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

We are travelling with a family group and would like to try both of these options but will only choose one (since it will leave my DMIL and DFIN alone at the table if we bring our son to AO for dinner that night).

As it stands, I feel a bit bad about leaving them alone- but as this is the first ship I have been on with a Chops and I regret missing Portofino;s on our EOS sailing in Nov- I really want to go one or the other of these this sailing.

My other thought would to join the In Laws and bring DS to dinner and we can just have an appy or two and skip the entree and head to Chops or Portofinos when we all separate after our early dinner seating. We can have our DS go to AO (never a problem- he rushed thru his dinners to hurry and get there!) to drop him off and enjoy some quiet dinner time ourselves.

Does this sound feasible?

If you had to pick one, which would you choose and why.

I know taste is subjective, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

We went to Chops, although the service was amazing the food was just alright but I hear Portifino's is better from most people. I would choose Portino's over Chops.

So when do you know when the genesis prenaugural is? I want to be on that ship for its first sailing. Definitely would be cool to get chosen for the prenaugural sailing too, but I just want to be on its first sailing. Has anyone heard anything else? I am going on LOS in 5 weeks and can't wait. Anyone going on this one. How many cruises to get platinum, diamond, and diamond plus status? I am currently gold, but I want to start doing some shorter cruises so I can get my status up. Sandye:p

All I heard at the C&A Captain's party on April Liberty sailing was that bookings for Genesis expected to begin in August 2008. They said that C&A members would get booking opportunity before general public.....with that said they also said (I think???) that they have over 4.4mm C&A members! I'm Gold also..........enjoy LOS we had a fabulous trip!