All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I'll be sailing on the Liberty (for the first time) in 5 days! I'm so excited that my stomach hurts, ha ha. It's like 46 degrees here in West Virginia today, so I'm excited to get down to Miami and then sail off into the Caribbean sunset. ;)

Erica

P.S. My boyfriend and I are planning to make reservations at Chops. You guys seem to think Portofino's is much better, though. Has anyone had a good experience at Chops?

hi all!!!! dh and i did the next cruise while on the explorer...will be officially booking the libery for may 2, 2009....will be on here quite alot to check out what this ship offers...for those interested, i started a meet and mingle thread....

hey my husband and I are sailing on LOS for the first time in less than 2 weeks any advice.

Because it is a huge ship, I suggest on taking the time each day or evening to experience a different part of the ship each time. That way, you get a different experience every night. See what the whole ship has to offer & take advantage of it. :)

i all!!!! dh and i did the next cruise while on the explorer...will be officially booking the libery for may 2, 2009....will be on here quite alot to check out what this ship offers...for those interested, i started a meet and mingle thread....

Definitely start one! :)

Erries - We have never been to Chops, only Portofino, but that's just because I prefer Italian over steak any day. And, my DH always gets the filet in Portofino & loves it, so it works out perfectly.

hey my husband and I are sailing on LOS for the first time in less than 2 weeks any advice.

If you want to enjoy some pool time without children, grab a chair in the Solarium. Days at sea, this can be difficult, but I was able to get a chair of my choice around 7:30am- just plan on sticking around because the pool patrol was really good about moving people's things after 30 minutes.

Also, I bought some inexpensive plastic clothespins and used them to keep my towel in place. It was pretty windy some days.

Just got back from Liberty this past Saturday May 10th. Fantastic ship and crew.

Hi daveky....

Please you had such a good cruise. As you can see from my sig, we are about to board LOS. Can you tell us who the cruise director is at the moment and how he is? Thanks in advance.

DrB

If you want to enjoy some pool time without children, grab a chair in the Solarium. Days at sea, this can be difficult, but I was able to get a chair of my choice around 7:30am- just plan on sticking around because the pool patrol was really good about moving people's things after 30 minutes.

Also, I bought some inexpensive plastic clothespins and used them to keep my towel in place. It was pretty windy some days.

Thanks so much fanofflorida. I will definitely do that. I love to swim. :)

Yes, I would appreciate it. I am having my "pre-cruise" get-together for my group on June 1st. I purchased some RCI./Liberty stuff (new, not used) on eBay to give out as prizes and bought a RCI Cookbook and the menu for the get-together will be based on menus from the book as they relate to our ports of call in the W Carib.

You can email me here w/the ususal format. Susan 03 09 65 at america

on line. I will drop you some postage in the mail.

The roll call for our 7/12 sailing is really dead. Only 16 people have signed up for the M&M and of those- 7 are from my group. It is kind of disappointing but maybe it will pick up soon. Hopefully.

I liked your review of your last 12day. I am excited about trying the Liberty. The only neg about this cruise is that this will be some of my groups 1st cruise- and the Liberty looks amazing. With this ship as a first cruise experience- all others might just pale in comparison. Until the Genesis sailing I guess.

Yes- I would still like the brochure. Thanks. Drop me and email and I will send you my address. Thanks again.

Susan

Thats such a great idea! I hate how the towels always blow!!

Hi daveky....

Please you had such a good cruise. As you can see from my sig, we are about to board LOS. Can you tell us who the cruise director is at the moment and how he is? Thanks in advance.

DrB

Believe his name was Allen Brooks. He was very good, and VERY VERY energetic. Loved getting audience participation and would always stop to say hello when you see him around the ship. You'll really like him.

Dave

Where is the best place to lounge if you want sun all day?

Definitely Deck 12. It's the deck right above the pool deck, and there's no obstruction from the sun whatsoever! It's convenient too, since if you get too hot you can shoot down the stairs, take a dip, then return to the sun! :D