All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I just tried to make reservation for chops on the Liberty, going in ten days.They said they do not take reservation by phone and the best I could do was make reservation the day we board. How hard is it to get reservation the day you board,should I run up to Chops first thing and will there be somebody there or wait until I get to my stateroom and call?? And will there be any reservation left?? Thanks, first time on RCI for us....

I haven't been on the Liberty but according to the deck plans it seems that Portofino and Chops are at the entrance to the Windjammer, the same as the Mariner. If you go to the Windjammer when you board for lunch it would take just a minute to stop by Chops on the way and make your reservations.

The AOS has them. Now just wondering if they have them on our upcoming Liberty cruise? I hope so but it seems to be far and few between which ships do indeed have them. I don't seem to understand how some ships can offer them and others can't? :confused:

There are 6 adults, 2 four year olds and 1 baby staying in the suite. Has anyone stayed in the PFS before? Any pictures or experiences to share would be wonderful.

TIA!

Friends of ours had the PS on the inaugural of Liberty. First of all, do you happen to have any extra room in your suitcases??? YOU WILL LOVE IT. I believe there are a ton of pictures of this on webshots. The balcony is spectacular and the hot tub is great. Everything about this cabin is first class!!!

Have a great time!!!

I was on Liberty in February. Since we boarded right at 1pm, we dropped our carry-on bags at our room and headed right to the Windjammer for lunch. Chops & Portofino are right inside the entrance of Windjammer. I suggest if you aren't starving for lunch to stop in real quick to make your reservation. I was talking to another couple who had been on Liberty B2B and they said to go right away. When I got in there, there was a line of about 6-8 people, and they had 2 staff members making reservations. I only had to wait about 5-10 mins. Make sure you have in mind before you go what night and about what time you want to go. It seemed like a few people ahead of me had no clue what nights they wanted to eat and that held up the line a bit. As for a table of 10. I'm not positive, but I think they can arrange for that. I saw a large group in there, but didn't count the number of people. Chops was a great dinner night, definately worth the extra money! Have fun! :D

well, we usually run straight there and make the reservation....from what you say, sounds like you'll be on the same cruise as me (10 days away).....try to beat me! I'm diamond this time!

It's a card that is only available in a very few of the Champagne Bars in the fleet. Adventure and Explorer both have them. Most of the other champagne bar managers look at you like you have two heads when you bring them up. They seem to be a totally discretionary offering.

Here is what the card looks like. You are not required to have each cocktail. I pretty much lived on Kir Royales. I've heard that you can use it for any of the cocktails not just the ones listed, but I never tried.

champcard.jpg

So......does anyone know how 'private' the balcony of room 8698 is?:o

You will have a private room, you know......;)

I would rather die than be seen :eek: - not the exhibitionist thrill-seeker type!!

From what I've read on past threads, it is quite easy to be seen (not to mention heard!!).

Hi guys,

I'm after some opinions on a Superior Balcony Cabin on LOS. Last November my DW and I had a great JS on Deck 9, I loved the view and spent loads of time on our balcony doing my best to remove the ship's supply of Bud! ;)

We loved the cruise so much we've booked again for this Nov recently, but this time are taking our In-Laws along, as their only pervious shipboard experience so far sadly was aboard The Pride of Calais (an English Channel RoRo Ferry!) Boy are they in for a shock when they see LOS in Miami for the first time!

Anyway, spoke to RCI in the UK and they could only offer me two cabins next door to each other on deck 6. Now after initially shrugging this off as no problem whatsoever, I'm worried that I'm going to miss my deck nine view?!

Am I being daft? Or should I get back on the blower and see if there is anything else they can find us.

I understand the prob was finding two interconnecting cabins, however we're not concerned about the cabins interconnecting. We simply wanted to be next door to each other so we could open out balcony dividers.

Any thoughts and comments gratefully recd.

Thanks.

Paul.