All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I was on the 5/24 sailing and I echo the above. We did get to the ice show early and got great seats. The staff did check our tickets to see that they matched the show we were attending. By the way, it was fantastic!! There were four shows: two on Tuesday night and two on Wednesday afternoon.

I was on the 5/24 sailing and I echo the above. We did get to the ice show early and got great seats. The staff did check our tickets to see that they matched the show we were attending. By the way, it was fantastic!! There were four shows: two on Tuesday night and two on Wednesday afternoon.

Was that the Eastern Itinerary that you were on????

like the prev. poster said, there are lots of good reviews for the ship and sailings. some from my sailing. i just got back from the eastern caribbean route on 5/24. it was great! The captain is charles t. and the CD is alan brooks. the entire cruise director's staff was awesome. in fact, everyone on the ship was awesome. we learned on this cruise, that royal caribbean composed liberty's staff by taking from other ship's staff. they must have done this to get the best of the best. this was our 6th cruise and it was wonderful!

I agree the 5/24 sailing was awesome. The CD Alan was hilarious. Our wait staff was phenomenal. Our assistant server (he may be a regular server now, he was waiting to hear) was so good that tables near us who were not his were taking pictures and tipping him on the last night too, and whenever we saw him around the ship he seemed to know all the passengers by name. Mark B at the pub was entertaining (getting the drunken crowd to sing along with him). I don't think we had bad service anywhere on the ship. We loved the Liberty itself too. It was our first RC cruise and left a great impression.

I agree the 5/24 sailing was awesome. The CD Alan was hilarious. Our wait staff was phenomenal. Our assistant server (he may be a regular server now, he was waiting to hear) was so good that tables near us who were not his were taking pictures and tipping him on the last night too, and whenever we saw him around the ship he seemed to know all the passengers by name. Mark B at the pub was entertaining (getting the drunken crowd to sing along with him). I don't think we had bad service anywhere on the ship. We loved the Liberty itself too. It was our first RC cruise and left a great impression.

I see by your signature it was the Eastern Itinerary....

Our very first cruise was on Legends of the Sea and it was just wonderful! We came off the ship and wondered why it took us sooo long to go on a cruise - we were hooked! We had some phenomenal waiters and if LOS has taken the best from the other ships, then I'm sure the waiters we had on Legends will be on this one! 86? more days to go!!!

Im getting so excited for our trip ...

Anyone have thoughts on the pier coordinator at the pier? Im hoping to get there early enough to see if the coordinator has any upgrades. What time should I plan?

It's been slow getting off the ship lately. My daughter and I were in line last Saturday at 10:30 and we could see people waiting in the "holding area" outside the embarkation area. There were a ton of people behind us. I would check closer to the time of your cruise to see how the lines are running then.

seathemagic what was your waiters name? If he is that good we will ask for him!

I will have to check for that other liberty thread! But with the wedding next weekend I just have time to check the threads i am on!

I was wondering what is everyone's favorite place for a drink? When we were on the Mariner last month we liked the Sky Bar, Ellingtons, Bolaros. Just curious to see what people like on the Liberty....

I was wondering what is everyone's favorite place for a drink? When we were on the Mariner last month we liked the Sky Bar, Ellingtons, Bolaros. Just curious to see what people like on the Liberty....

We were partial to the Schooner Bar.

On LOS when the kids are in AO do they have access to the arcade? I'm worried the 11 year old my run up the charges. I do plan on giving him a daily limit. What would be a fair number?

When DS went with us ('06) we gave him $50 for the 5 days, $10 a day. anything over that he had to spend pay himself in allowance money.

On LOS when the kids are in AO do they have access to the arcade? I'm worried the 11 year old my run up the charges. I do plan on giving him a daily limit. What would be a fair number?

We were on the 5-10 sailing and our DS12 would get $10 a day to load onto his seapass. Once it was gone that was it. He did have to pay out of his own money for extras.

We(18 of us) will be sailing on the beautiful Liberty of the Seas this coming Saturday(June 14th)!:D Everyone is very excited!

I have finally finished reading this whole thread(slow computer). The information that you all have provided for future LOS cruisers is invaluable. Thanks!:)

Does anyone that has recently sailed the Liberty Western itinerary have your compasses? The only ones I can find are a year old. Thanks.

We(18 of us) will be sailing on the beautiful Liberty of the Seas this coming Saturday(June 14th)!:D Everyone is very excited!

I have finally finished reading this whole thread(slow computer). The information that you all have provided for future LOS cruisers is invaluable. Thanks!:)

Does anyone that has recently sailed the Liberty Western itinerary have your compasses? The only ones I can find are a year old. Thanks.

Email me at my screen name at yahoo dot com and I will forward compasses from April that I received from another poster.

Hi, we were choosing days to eat at Chops and Portofino's and are deciding which days to miss in the dining room.

Does anyone know what is on the menu for the Chef's dinner or the Surf dinner? We would like to avoid missing lobster night in the dining room.

And, by the way, this is a great thread!!!

the surf dinner is surf and turf. i'm allergic to shellfish, so i don't remember the 'featured entree" with great clarity because i got the top sirloin on quite a few nights. chef's dinner - i think that was the lobster nights. if you want to book chops but avoid formal's, don't book on 2nd and 5th night - those are formal nights. the fifth night is lobster night.

I always like Boleros best on each ship - and liberty too. Bartenders are great. I love caphiranas and they make them great at boleros. i even spilled a little of my drink when i was picking it up and he poured me more!