Late Spirit Review 1/27/08-2/3/08

indiana-girl

This was the first cruise for my husband and I though we have traveled extensively. We spent two days in New Orleans prior to leaving which I would highly recommend. Took a tour with Gray Line Tours. Boarding the Spirit was very easy. We actually returned to NO to see one more parade. The Bon Voyage Party the first night was a lot of fun. Our first sea day was nice but a little chilly. The food was OK. We ate in the buffet and bars most times. Two nights in Windows. There are a lot of options. My DH liked the entertainment a lot. I thought the family act was good. We are in our twenties and it seemed most of the entertainment was geared to the older crowd. We has an oceanview cabin. The stewards were wonderful. Very attentive.

Roatan - Actaully got there around 230. We had booked with Diane and Cynthia. Our driver took us to the West End, the Iguana Farm and we did a little sightseeing. The Iguana Farm was definately an experience. There were 40-50 iguanas just sunning themselves. Big Iguanas:eek:

Santo Thomas De Castillo - Here we booked with Gus. It was a very good tour. You had a chance to experience the real country. We took a long boat ride and went to a part of the country where their main source of income was fishing. The school visit was neat and we also visited a small store on the river. Gus feeds you at his restaurant and then you get a tour of Livingston - don't miss the alligators.

Belize - We booked a tour of Altun HA through Belize Cruise Excursions. The ruins were very neat but the tour guide had an expired liscense. He got caught by the 'tour guide police' and we had to wait an hour until the company got us a replacement to drive us back. Don't waste your money on the Jungle Tour with this company. What is supposed to be an hour tour is actually 15 minutes.

Cozumel - We rented a Jeep and toured the island ourselves. I liked the ruins on the island though others say they are not worth it. It is smaller but more extensive. We ate at Coconuts, very good. We spent some time at chakanaab. It was neat but you should plan to be there a full day for your moneys worth.

Overall the cruise was very good. We would cruise with NCL again.

Archived