Maui - How late does the Thrifty shuttle run?

geospyder

The website indicates that the shuttle stops running at 2100 (9pm). I have read on another thread that it may be possible to negotiate with Thrifty for a later shuttle. If worse comes to worse you can always get a short cab ride back to the pier from Kahului airport. I am planning on returning a rental car after 9pm, so I will have to look into it further.

On our cruise they told us 9:oo pm was the latest and I know one group with us returned their car about 9:15 and the shuttle was returning from the pier and was willing to take them back to the pier. I have a feeling they were the absolute last group (they also tipped the drive because we were clearly told 9:00 pm was the latest). We kept our car so we did not deal with the shuttle.

I believe I saw it on the Thrifty car rental website and it indicated the shuttle times. 9pm seems to be the consensus. I may have seen it on another site, but I'm sure the last shuttle was 9pm.

I didn't see it on their site today when I booked the car, but I just happened to type in 9PM turn in time, so we will be there around 8:45 to catch the shuttle back to the ship. When I called them and asked about the shuttle, the woman didn't even mention that 9 was the latest. They are better then Enterprise, they close at 6PM.

wmbjr, since you kept your car overnight, where did you park it?

We parked at the Maui Mall, which is no longer allowed. I have no idea why the change occurred, but when we went the Thrifty shuttle driver encouraged it. We and about 30 others parks at the end of the mall parking lot (a fair ways from any stores so we were not in the way). Unfortunately you can get towed for parking there now.

The main parking is at the sea wall right near the pier and in a small parking lot right at the pier. If we would not have been able to park at the mall we would not have had a spot since all the parking at the pier and wall was full (some were even blocked in by double parkers in the lot). Sorry I can not help too much.

Archived