Booking...option to share cabin

jpmaximus

I love meeting new people but to me actually sharing a room with a stranger is a bit scary. I don't mean scary in a kill me sort of way. I mean scary in not being compatiable kind of way. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways.

It is called a Single Share program and Princess used to have it but stopped, as they would rather force us to pay double.

Holland America still has it. The cabins are limited. I guess everyone always hopes that they won't get a roommate.

I had a single share with Princess when they still offered it. The night before the cruise they guaranteed me, (and also another woman), that they were taking no more bookings and that there would not be anyone in my room (or hers). Long story short, she ended up in my room. We were both not happy because we had been told that we wouldn't have to share and there was no way they could book someone so late on the cruise. I think they just shuffle people around once you get there. Although there were empty cabins on the ship, Princess wouldn't allow one of us to take them, even if we paid the double price.

I think basically it never works out because people are so different in their habits and the rooms are so small.

Some of the land tours like Trafalgar and Insight still have single share.

go to the internet and look up the ships and the specs and at the bottom it will have whether or not there is a single share program offered.

Good luck. (I go by myself now and pay the premium, and at least I know there will be no problems).

Archived