Will this work?

BooBooMonkey

We will be visiting Nassau on a Saturday in March and our ship is there from 1pm until 6pm. It will be the last day of our cruise, so I'm thinking we'll be "beached-out" by then. So, DH and I and our 2 boys, ages 15 and 11, would like to do this:

Take the #10 Jitney to Ardastra Gardens to see the zoo, then walk to Arawak Cay (Fish Fry) for a snack, and then walk to Fort Charlotte for a quick tour. Then, back to town on the bus for some shopping.

Is 5 hours enough time, and are the walking distances between these three places reasonable?

Thanks!

We will be visiting Nassau on a Saturday in March and our ship is there from 1pm until 6pm. It will be the last day of our cruise, so I'm thinking we'll be "beached-out" by then. So, DH and I and our 2 boys, ages 15 and 11, would like to do this:

Take the #10 Jitney to Ardastra Gardens to see the zoo, then walk to Arawak Cay (Fish Fry) for a snack, and then walk to Fort Charlotte for a quick tour. Then, back to town on the bus for some shopping.

Is 5 hours enough time, and are the walking distances between these three places reasonable?

Thanks!

I think it depends on how much time you want to spend in each of those places. I'm not one to leisurely read all of the signs at the zoo/museums we go to ... so I think it's doable ... maybe a little rushed ... but doable.

The last time we were there, we (including our 4 & 8 year-olds) WALKED all the way from the pier to the Fish Fry along the Esplanade ... it's a nice walk but I would save the time and take the #10 bus next time. I believe that you can easily walk between those 3 attractions as well, but definitely keep an eye on the time ... you don't want to miss the ship ;)

Thanks!

That will be plenty of time! We did this same thing in January with only slight exceptions. We took a taxi instead of the bus to the zoo. We watched the flamingo show, fed the Lory parrots, walked around the rest of the zoo, had our pics taken with the bigger parrots and we done in just over an hour.

The Fish Fry is a short walk from the zoo. We were actually too early to enjoy much there but a cold drink, but you will be fine. Then it took us around 30 minutes to walk back to the ship back up Bay Street - and that includes the fact that we were carrying our 4 year old DD!:eek:

Enjoy your cruise and visit to Nassau!

Archived