Pharmacy in Belize?

Cynde

Don't know about Belize but there are several in Cozumel. You can't miss them. I bought pure retinol and my friend bought some anitbiotics. I don't remember what kind she bought.

When you take a taxi to the downtown shopping area just walk around near the square you are sure to see a few.

Don't know about grocery stores in Cozumel-but in Cancun they sell these products in the stores (their version of Walmart).

In Belize you have to tender to the dock. There is a U shaped shopping village there and the pharmacy is in the back row of shops. It's a small shop but very easy to find. Just walk the U and you will find it.

Although you don't need a prescription for many things, the prices were not bargains, in my opinion.

I got some retinoic acid (Retin -A) in Tijuan for $8, and that's .1!!!

I have also seen the generic version of .05 Retin A for $4.

When you are down in the pharmacies, look for Reducil (subturamine, known as Meridia) for weight loss. A script of 30 pills in the US goes for around $110, I got the equivalent in MX 58 pills for $60, and no script needed.

Also, a good thing to get is the latest not approved by the FDA arthritis gel, Sinalgia, active ingredient fepadrinal. It is great if you have arthritis and is only $6 a tube.

hey, thanx for all the info. I'm sure I can find Belize one and if not it'll be Cozumel. Yes, I do spell my name this way. I've never seen anyone spell it that way either!! I get phone calls and mail for "Clyde" all the time. LOL! Do you? I like to keep a few vicodan or hydocodone around for sinus headaches and "female days". Do you know if you can get these in Belize or Cozumel?

Oh, I get the Clyde thing all the time - all the way back to elementary school. Pretty traumatic being called to the office in first grade as "Clyde"! I'm glad to finally see another Cynde out there...I knew there had to be at least one, because my mom used to babysit for another Cynde.

Good luck on finding your Rx's!

Don't know about vicodin or hydrocodone for sure. I think they are considered narcotics even in Mexico and you have to have a drs prescription-or at least that is what I have heard.

You can however purchase naproxyn (sp?). I got some last year while we were in Cancun. I usually take those for those female days and headaches.

While in Cancun this summer I never thought of gong to the pharmacy. Bummer! One thing that I have been thinking about....is there a cream for dark circles under the eyes? There was a big ta-do about using Prep H for this, but the kind that is sold in the US doesn't have the ingredient that gets rid of dark circles. I have heard you can get it in Canada. Does anyone know about this and if it is available in Cozumel?

The last time I got Retin A it was $76 a tube! My insurance doesn't pay any on it either. So $12 is a steal!

Thanks for sharing the info!:)

Hey ya headhurt! Are you a RN too?

Anyway, Retin A is a topical cream to: peel, remove sun spots and WRINKLES!! But you cannot get in the sun if you are using it. You must wear sunscreen/block everyday. Which I do so it might not be for you if you are a sun person. I am the only person just as lily white leaving the cruise ship as before we sailed! But I did my days with the sun, being a native Floridian, I loved the sun, used baby oil and laid out on the roof in my teenaged years...then after using birth control pills, I got the "mask of pregancy" and it never went away. Had it 20 years before trying Retin A. Used Retin A mixed with Obagi products and it was gone from my face in 2 weeks, but I still have traces of it on my neck...

WATCH OUT!! From a medical professional opinion, don't buy antibotics with out medical advice. Each antibotics have certain bacteria they are effective against which is determined by a culture. Taking antibotics for the wrong types sets you up for the super bugs that are antibotic resistant. You could be hurting yourself by trying to save a few bucks.

can anyone point me to the Drugstores in Cozumel?Are they downtown or along the pier was there in march found a shop selling antibotics but found them to be much higher than mentioned here but this was just off the pier didn't go downtown.

Hey ya headhurt! Are you a RN too?

Anyway, Retin A is a topical cream to: peel, remove sun spots and WRINKLES!! But you cannot get in the sun if you are using it. You must wear sunscreen/block everyday. Which I do so it might not be for you if you are a sun person. I am the only person just as lily white leaving the cruise ship as before we sailed! But I did my days with the sun, being a native Floridian, I loved the sun, used baby oil and laid out on the roof in my teenaged years...then after using birth control pills, I got the "mask of pregancy" and it never went away. Had it 20 years before trying Retin A. Used Retin A mixed with Obagi products and it was gone from my face in 2 weeks, but I still have traces of it on my neck...

What are Obagi products?

I have the mask of pregnancy too. I hate it. Ppl ask me all the time why I look like I have black eyes. It is right on the apples of my cheeks. Pls tell me this will work. I dont have insurance and dermotoligists are expensive. How exactly did you apply it? I will wait til winter to make sure I am out of the sun!!! I have been looking for a miracle to get rid of it. Its embarassing. My next option would have been facial peels. This sounds better. Please explain how u used it. Its Retin-A? Is it called that in cozumel in the drugstore? Thanks VERY much! glad I read this post!!!

Crusin'Susan

email me and I tell you how I got rid of the mask. It is not that expensive and certainly less than a skin peel..rnstyle@bellsouth.net

It was the best thing I ever did. I was using dermablend corrective make up and it smeared and was thick and ugly. Now I just wear a mineral powder with sunscreen!

Archived