horseback riding

krazycruiser

Hi...Im looking for some help. My family and I will be in St. Martin from 8am ship time to 5pm ship time. We really want to go horseback riding on the beach. Does anyone have any info on stables? I contacted one stable but we aren't in time for the morning ride and I feel the afternoon ride is pushing it too close to make the ship:(. The stable is 35 min away..traveling w/ kids I feel that its to tight, the ride is from 2pm to 3:30....and the ship leaves at 5pm,

any help would be great!!!:)

_Ana

• 3 months later...

We were in St. Marten in January on Freedom of the Seas and I went horseback riding at Bayside Stables. I had reservations for 9:00am for the 2 hour ride. The ship docked at 8:00am, but the ship didn't switch to local time. so even though the ship time was 8:00am, it was 9:00am local time.

Bayside's group ride had already left when I got there at 9:30am, but one of the trainers took me out on a private ride.

I have tried to get an answer as to how to find out if the ship stays on ship time or switches to local time and RCL said that they will tell us the day on the ship. which doesn't help at all. We will be in St Marten again in Dec. and I'd like to go horseback riding again but will book an afternoon ride so I'm not late.

I've been to Bayside as well. It was VERY far from the port - like an hour taxi ride. Our guide was very nice and the horses seemed to be well taken care of. The beach was very dirty though. Our guide explained that the government doesn't enforce people to keep it clean. She took pictures of us the entire ride with our camera - that was really nice of her. If I decided to go again, I would try to find something closer to the ports.

Bayside Stables is very near Orient Beach. It is not much more than 5 miles from the cruise facility.

I have never seen nor heard of traffic problems heading in that direction that could make the trip anywhere near an hour's journey. Maybe 20-25 minutes max?

gary

Where are Lucky Stables located? From other threads it sounds like it is closer to the pier. I loved Bayside Stables, but might try Lucky Stables on our next cruise. Depends on if my DH wants to go back to Orient Beach - LOL - he went to see the 'sights' while I was horseback riding.:D

Archived