Exercise facilities on VISION OTS?

starrzone

I want to hear from people who have actually USED the Vision OTS exercise room. Is it worth packing my sneakers, or should I leave them at home? I don't want to lug my stuff all the way to LA to find out that there are just a couple of dusty treadmills and yucky weight equipment.

Thanks...if I do end up bringing my stuff, I don't even know if I'll use it for sure, but I thought I'd throw the question out there! I went on Voyager in 2006 and did use its facilities a couple of times; I found them to be quite nice.

We used the exercise room a couple of times on our first vision cruise. It had a few of each type of exercise equipment and some weight machines and an area that I think was for exercise classes/yoga. It was an "ok" area, depending on what you are accustomed to using. Last trip we found walking on the top deck was a great way to exercise! Bring your sneakers just in case!

I was on Vision in October. They had a decent, not great, work out room. There are plenty of treadmills and a few upright stationary bikes. They also had a few universal weight machines. I don't remember if they had some dumbells or not but they definately did not have weight benches etc.

ETA: All of the equipment seemed to be in good shape there just isn't as much of it.

I want to hear from people who have actually USED the Vision OTS exercise room.

There is a exercise room on the Vision and I walked past it once, my first thought was.

WOW THOSE PEOPLE ARE WORKING WAY TO HARD FOR A VACATION!

you'll want to take that work out stuff....the food on Vision is GREAT!!! I went spring '07

I ran on the tread mills and I ran around the deck. Going down to Mexico was good running around the deck, coming back up the coast it was very windy, but made an excellent workout. The tread mills were good (I always went early) work out equipment was fine!

Tip if I may: I keep my oldest and nearly used up running shoes for trips. Then end of the trip I throw them away, no use lugging them home when my new or newer shoes are waiting my "post" cruise work outs!!!

I am a fitness fanatic, and as such was disappointed in the gym on the Vision. It is the worst gym of any ship I have ever been on (I still love the ship). There is not enough equipment, and some of what is there is broken. I did get my workout in every day, but the crowds were frustrating. I could only get on the elliptical once, as of the three, one was broken the whole cruise.

They do have free weights, and some weight machines. I use free weights exclusively, though, as you can do so much more with them in a shorter period of time.

Avoid the first sea day. That is when it seems everyone on the ship decides that they are going to work out.:rolleyes: After that, it is only the diehards left.

you'll want to take that work out stuff....the food on Vision is GREAT!!! I went spring '07

I ran on the tread mills and I ran around the deck. Going down to Mexico was good running around the deck, coming back up the coast it was very windy, but made an excellent workout. The tread mills were good (I always went early) work out equipment was fine!

Tip if I may: I keep my oldest and nearly used up running shoes for trips. Then end of the trip I throw them away, no use lugging them home when my new or newer shoes are waiting my "post" cruise work outs!!!

This is a great idea; I think I wil bring my grungiest pair of sneakers (they were actually a hand-me-down to my brother!)

I am a fitness fanatic, and as such was disappointed in the gym on the Vision. It is the worst gym of any ship I have ever been on (I still love the ship). There is not enough equipment, and some of what is there is broken. I did get my workout in every day, but the crowds were frustrating. I could only get on the elliptical once, as of the three, one was broken the whole cruise.

They do have free weights, and some weight machines. I use free weights exclusively, though, as you can do so much more with them in a shorter period of time.

Avoid the first sea day. That is when it seems everyone on the ship decides that they are going to work out.:rolleyes: After that, it is only the diehards left.

The crowds are what I am NOT looking forward to at all. Was it busy the entire first sea day, or just in the morning? What would you say is the best time to work out on a sea day?

Below are several pics we took of the fitness center on Vision:

1545389568046097424S600x600Q85.jpg 2539921500046097424S600x600Q85.jpg 1545389699046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks SO much for the pics! I'll have to get at least one treadmill run in; that turquoise blue water looks much more pleasant to watch while running than a bunch of doors and windows at my gym at home!

The crowds are what I am NOT looking forward to at all. Was it busy the entire first sea day, or just in the morning? What would you say is the best time to work out on a sea day?

I arrived at the gym usually between 7-8 am every morning (it got later towards the end of the cruise, lol). On that first Monday morning, the gym was filled with people that had never been in a gym before. After that, I didn't have much trouble getting on the Stairmaster (I can't do treadmills as the pounding kills my back and knees). The best time would probably be the afternoon, or, if you have late seating, while early seating people are getting ready/having dinner.

Early morning is the busiest time!

Archived