Proposing on Cruise

SalohcinY

All,

I have heard of many great things that people have planned on Carnival ships as far as proposals go.

My question is how do you go about planning a "special" event that is completely out of the ordinary? I need some help so give me some answers!

Thanks.

My DBF and I cruised on the fun ship Imagination in 2005. I was celebrating my 40th B-Day. We spent the day in Jamaica drinking Margarita's on the beach and toe's in the sand. AAHHH the perfect Birthday.

After dinner we went to the Karoake Bar and he sang Happy Birthday to me. Well first he brought me up on stage. The place was packed and everybody was cheering. Then he bent down on one knee and popped the question. Right there on stage with 150+ people suddenly silent. :eek:

Silence, silence, silence, I think he started to sweat, but I was so choked up I couldn't say Yes right away. When I did, it was pretty loud with cheers and applause.

We're sailing on the Glory on 3/15/2008 and taking our teens this trip.

Good Luck as it sounds like your looking for idea's. :D

Oh, how romantic! Consider getting a suite and perhaphs proposing over a private dinner on your balcony? Or, maybe setting something up at one of your ports of call. Say you are going to the Bahamas, I bet you that Atlantis would be happy to set something up like that for you. Or, on a sunset cruise at one of your ports of call. Or on a horse drawn carriage ride? so many ports of calls have those...

Really depends on what you had in mind, public or private proposal. What ship are you thinking of going on? What is you itinerary?

All,

I have heard of many great things that people have planned on Carnival ships as far as proposals go.

My question is how do you go about planning a "special" event that is completely out of the ordinary? I need some help so give me some answers!

Thanks.

There are so many opportunities on a cruise..please say more about what your likes and thoughts are, and of course what HER likes and dislikes are...:D

You really think that is romantic? To each their own I guess, I was just thinking how trite and cheesy it sounded.

Trite and Cheesy:o If you can't play nice go somewhere else. The original poster was just looking for a few idea's.

JEEZ. Sounds like you need a cruise, or a love life.:D

I popped the question before the first formal night... was private, but thats what I wanted.

I'd highly suggest this. She would already be dressed and feeling like a princess, then putting the ring on her finger just adds to the evening, and you have your own personal engagement photos dressed to the 9's ...

lots of opportunities to be a little more public, St Thomas on the Valor does a sunset cruise that would be nice. Theres alot of really private places in each port, if you were to co-ordinate with a private tour company that could work.

Talk to the CD, see what they say, surely they'd help you work out your ideas.

Good luck getting the ring through, security at the airport almost ruined it for me, lol

I like the post I saw on another thread. On the formal night pick the picture background that you like the best and talk to the photographer and let them know ahead of time what you are going to do. So he/she has your gf turn her back towards you so you can get down on one knee and have the ring out so that when she turns arounds and sees you the photographer can catch her expression. My daughter also thinks this would be a romantic way to be asked.

My son is planning on proposing on our cruise to Alaska in May and we have been trying to think of some interesting ideas. We wanted something that wasn't totally public because he thinks he will be embarrased and formal night is so traditional.

So far he likes our alternative dining night. We would get dressed up for a night at the alternative dining room with the whole family. While we got a pre dinner cocktail he would suggest they go for a walk anf get pictures taken. He would then pop the question somewhere private on deck and then meet us at the alternative restaurant. They can have their picture taken right after and when they get to the restaurant we thought we could get the Maitre D to announce them when they come in and we will have the bubbly all ready.

The other idea is because they love trivia so much to work with the social host to have a question about where most guys propose and have one answer be.. on a cruise ship... and then he can propose after that.

My brother proposed to his wife on Formal night. After dinner they went for a walk for the proposal on deck while we went to his cabin and opened the Dom he has ordered (it was really good, never had anything that expensive before) When they came back she was surprised and we all celebrated all night.

There have been more suggested on the boards before. Sometimes if the search ever works again you can get the other posts. You probably would have to get hold of the CD once you get on the ship by leaving a message for him at the purser's desk. One of the social hosts would probably be able to help you and they are easy to talk to at all the activities they run. Good Luck!! Cindy

You really think that is romantic? To each their own I guess, I was just thinking how trite and cheesy it sounded.

oh wow... :confused: I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or just trying to be funny.... either case, it didn't work :(

Thanks for all of the great posts. Anything and everything certainly helps. Any other ideas on how to get in touch with the cruise director prior to cruise date?

How did you book your cruise? Did you use a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) with Carnival? Or Travel Agent? If you haven't already, I would check with either of these folks and see if they have a way of reaching the CD. They also may have some other ideas on proposals.

Thanks for all of the great posts. Anything and everything certainly helps. Any other ideas on how to get in touch with the cruise director prior to cruise date?

There is a thread here on cruise directors, you may have to check back pages. When are you cruising and on what ship, do you know yet or still choosing?

There is a thread here on cruise directors, you may have to check back pages. When are you cruising and on what ship, do you know yet or still choosing?

I am cruising on the Carnival Imagination on Mar 10th. I checked w my PVP and he was not much help. Thanks for all of your help folks.

I think it would be wonderfully romantic- I am currently planning on asking my husband to marry me again on our up coming cruise when we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. Each year has been better then the one before. I know I am sick.

Here are couple of suggestions:

1. John Heald is head CD at carnival and he has a blog

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/02/24...r-the-builder/

There is a place at the bottom of the page to add to the blog. You could ask if there is a way to contact them via email so you can arrange something special.

2. Contact wedding services tell them what you’re looking for and see if there is some way contact the social staff.

If your are unable to set something up before hand through Carnival and want to make some plans but might need a helping friend along visit the roll call thread and solicit volunteers from your cruise for an extra pair of hands. In might be a simple as a stroll on deck and being handed a rose by a passing “stranger” and then dropping to one knee for the big question. Or going though one of those secret doors to the almost private deck to find a bottle of wine and blanket, being deserted by another couple.

Personally the romantic in me would never mind taking a few moments of my time to make this a vary special moment for anyone.

No matter how it happens treasure her and the memory of this event..

Best of luck and let us know what happens.

:D :D :)

Archived