Discovery Scuba in PV

Braves Fan

Has anyone done this? How cold can I expect the water to be? :eek: Someone mentioned wet suits but I can't find any info on the Princess site. :confused: I've never worn one and do not relish the thought of wearing anything that "conforming". :eek: :o :eek:

We did a discovery dive in St. Thomas several years ago so the dive itself doesn't bother me. Only problem I had was putting my face in the water and then breathing. Took me a minute to get used to. I'm just curious about the wetsuit. In St. T we just went in our swimsuits, but I've heard it will be too cold for that in PV. I've never thought I would like a wetsuit, they just don't look comfortable. But then if the water is cold enough, I guess I would prefer it.

We did a discovery dive in St. Thomas several years ago so the dive itself doesn't bother me. Only problem I had was putting my face in the water and then breathing. Took me a minute to get used to. I'm just curious about the wetsuit. In St. T we just went in our swimsuits, but I've heard it will be too cold for that in PV. I've never thought I would like a wetsuit, they just don't look comfortable. But then if the water is cold enough, I guess I would prefer it.

PV=Puerto Vallarta. Had to look at http://www.princess.com to figure that one out. :o

I've known people who just do Discover Scuba for years. No need to do one with a local dive shop. Also, if you are like me, you're usually too busy just before vacation to find a local dive shop, book a discover scuba and do it.

I've never dove in the Pacific so I cannot say if it will be colder. Additionally, some people (me) need a wetsuit to dive in St. Thomas. I've been on Princess Cruises. For something like $10 a day you can rent a wetsuit from the dive locker. The hard part is finding the dive locker. It is usually a closet with a split door (you can open the top half of the door and leave the bottom half closed). It will be open 2 hours a day (check the Patter).

If you don't get a good answer here, go to the dive locker and ask them. He doesn't make money if you rent the wetsuit so he should give you an honest answer.

Of course everyone's cold tolerance is different, some people get cold easier (me) than others. I like wearing my wetsuit in warm water. I think you'll want to wear one as well because I think the water temps will be cooler than St. Thomas.

PV probably won't be all that cold, but a 3mm wetsuit is always a good idea. A wetsuit is not hard to get on and off, but there are a few tricks of the trade. First, never try and put on a wetsuit when you're already wet...it just makes you nuts. Second, try a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of hair conditioner and water. Spray inside the suit, it'll slip right on.

Wetsuits are great, you just have to learn how to use them.

Dale

PADI OWSI

PV probably won't be all that cold, but a 3mm wetsuit is always a good idea. A wetsuit is not hard to get on and off, but there are a few tricks of the trade. First, never try and put on a wetsuit when you're already wet...it just makes you nuts. Second, try a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of hair conditioner and water. Spray inside the suit, it'll slip right on.

Wetsuits are great, you just have to learn how to use them.

Dale

PADI OWSI

Thanks Dale, that did answer one question. I guess we have all seen the videos on TV of people struggling. I would have thought being wet would help, but I will make sure I don't make that mistake.

Archived