something fun to do in KW?

tropicalwoman

hi my husband and i will be stoping in KW in may we're late 20's and early 30's. were looking for something fun to do. any ideas??

It depends on what time of day you will be there and for how long.

Possibilities are renting bikes and biking around the island.

Going on a snorkel trip or a day sail

Drag show.

Museums, galleries, aquarium, shopping

Eating and drinking

Pjk

It also depends on your interests. Are you history buffs? (Hemingway House, Truman's Little WHite House, Fort Zachary Taylor, Audubon HOuse, Mel Fisher Sunken Treasure Museum, Pirate Soul Museum, Key West Light House and Lighthouse Keeper's House, Key West Cemetary).

Do you prefer water sports? (Rent a wave runner, go parasailing, go snorkeling or do the glass-bottomed boat, or take the high speed Crazy Boat.)

Do you prefer sight seeing? (Conch Train, Key West Trolley, rent an electric car, rent a scooter)

Do you enjoy nature? (Butterfly Conservatory, Key West Aquarium, Eco-Science Museum)

Do you golf? (Key West golf course on Stock Island)

Do you enjoy art and architecture? ( Key West has many art galleries, especially on Duval Street. Just walking the streets of Old Town you will see a wide variety of Key West's special architectural styles.)

Those are just some ideas.

• 1 month later...

You won't be bored no matter what your doing. I have been to Key West a number of times on cruises. This past summer DH and I decided to fly to Key West for a week. We still didn't see and do everything we wanted to. But that's OK, it gives us an excuse to go back.:D

• 1 month later...
hi my husband and i will be stoping in KW in may we're late 20's and early 30's. were looking for something fun to do. any ideas??

If you like live entertainment and a fun crowd-- go to Irish Kevin's and try a Green Alligator. We've been there both times we went to KW and had a blast!:D

I've done a number of things on day trips to KW.

In my younger, pre-kid days we sometimes just pubcrawled, having a drink at as many bars as we could stumble into & out of.

When feeling active, I've done some scuba or snorkeling trips.

Last time we had our 4 & 2 y/o boys with us, so it changed things. We rented a little electric car, drove around a good bit of the island & saw the sights. Ended up at the old pier where the tallships are parked, had lunch & a couple of beers at the Schooner Wharf & listened to some good music while letting our sons gawk at the fish swimming around under the docks. I probably enjoyed that day more than any I've spent on KW. Very relaxing.

omg the drag shows are the best!!! hahahahah :D (comming from a swf, 22 years old and straight) SO SO SO FUN Lol

One night we walked past the clubs on Duval and the Ladies where outside handing out discounts to the shows, I wanted to go in and see a show soooo bad but my hunsband was not having it!:(

Archived