Rum Punch mix

cruisin0308

I went into the Tortuga website this morning to find out about the Rum cakes, and saw something else that opened my eyes very wide. Something about a Rum punch mix, in a can that can be purchased. Is anyone familiar with that? I've had the Rum punch many times before and absolutely love it, and would love to make some at home. I didn't like it on the Princess ship, but this can of the mix might be good, after I check it out??? Otherwise, my plan to begin with was to look for a good recipe while in Grand Cayman.

I think that pack with the rum and the punch in cans was my first ever rum purchase in the Caribbean. Love it! But that can goes fast. Here is an easy recipe. I prefer to make it with coconut flavored rum:

6 or 8 ice cubes in a blender.

1 c of OJ

1 c of pineapple juice

good dash of grenadine

two ounces of coconut rum

Blend

Check the color, it should be that wonderful pale, coral color. Taste, the balance of rum, coconut and fruit juice is to your preference. Serve over ice, maybe with a dark rum floater. Yum!

I think that pack with the rum and the punch in cans was my first ever rum purchase in the Caribbean. Love it! But that can goes fast. Here is an easy recipe. I prefer to make it with coconut flavored rum:

6 or 8 ice cubes in a blender.

1 c of OJ

1 c of pineapple juice

good dash of grenadine

two ounces of coconut rum

Blend

Check the color, it should be that wonderful pale, coral color. Taste, the balance of rum, coconut and fruit juice is to your preference. Serve over ice, maybe with a dark rum floater. Yum!

Thanks so much for the recipe! I will definitely give it a try this summer at our lake cabin. It sounds wonderful!!!

Archived