Valor or Triumph ? Which is better???

rlmac1001

Which would you pick and why? Also which months are best for these areas? Please help us pick on...lol

Carnival Valor,

Departs Miami, FL

Itinerary: Western Caribbean:Miami, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Roatan Island, Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico, Miami FL

OR

Carnival Triumph

Departs Miami FLItinerary: Western Caribbean, Miami, Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Miami

I have not been on either ship, so this is not first-hand experience. :rolleyes:

Both itineraries look fun ~ Cozumel is fantastic, but both ships go there, so you are all set either way (I recommend Paradise Beach in Coz ~ just take a taxi). Looks like you get an extra sea day on the Triumph and an extra port day on Valor ~ does that matter to you? Do you prefer sea days or port days?

Triumph is an older ship (1999) and Valor (2004) has just come out of dry dock. Valor has the seaside theater, mini golf, which I don't believe Triumph has.

I think you can't go wrong with either of these ships. Hope this helps a little. If you have more questions, fire away! :)

When are you looking to cruise? The Triumph will come out of dry dock in October of this year, October 5th is the first cruise after dry dock. My opinion on Belize if you don't zip line or do the cave tubing there's not much there. We have sailed the Triumph and in some areas she looked like dry dock was due.

I've been on the Triumph twice and had a fantastic time (once you got used to the fact that there were two decks that didn't go all the way from forward to aft . . . restaurant right in the middle made you go up or down to get from one end of the ship to the other). You would not be disappointed taking a cruise on the Triumph . . . beautiful ship. Haven't been on the Valor yet . . . but will be on April 27th for the Western Carribbean and I can't wait!!!!!!!

The layout of the ships is basically the same. Valor is newer and a little bigger. The main place I noticed the size difference was in the lido deck buffet area. Triumph has 4 main buffet lines, whereas Valor has 6, plus the fish & chips line. A 33% increase in buffet lines, plus one additional option, made a big difference in the wait time.

On the other hand, we met some great folks on the Triumph, and the Triumph's cover band (in 2006) was much better than the Valor's cover band (in 2007) - at least in my opinion. We made some friends on the Valor, also, but nothing like the group on the Triumph. That being said, those things are going to be different from cruise to cruise, even on the same ship.

I would sail either ship again, so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Have fun researching!!

We loved the Valor and that exact itinerrary! We were on her right before she went into dry dock and the ship was beautiful- must be super sparkly beautiful now!!!!

I know some folks haven't enjoyed Belize or Roatan, but they were my very favorite ports.... just gorgeous!

Archived