Need Cabin Swap on 15 March 08 Liberty

MilCruiser

Does anybody have cabin 6458 or 6485?

I am travelling with my Mother and we have 6489 and 6487. The cabins are next to each other but the balcony door between us does not open. If anyone has the above rooms and wouldn't mind swapping, the cabins are identical. We could meet together at the pursers desk at the beginning of the cruise.

Please help!

Thanks,

Bill

Yes. Carnival will not contact the people on either side to find out if they would be open to swapping. It is all up to me. If one of the other cabins open up and I spot it on the internet, then I can request the room swap, but that is unlikely at this point.

Thanks for the idea though.:)

How did you find out the balcony door doesn't open. We are cruising with another couple in the adjacent room, and would like to open the balcony between us. Thanks for the help and good luck.

How did you find out the balcony door doesn't open. We are cruising with another couple in the adjacent room, and would like to open the balcony between us. Thanks for the help and good luck.

I had assumed they would. Our last Carnival cruise we had 4 cabins together and had all of the doors open. Perhaps it's because these are aft cabins.

It was actually an off comment with my Carnival vacation planner. He said he would check. As it turns out, every second balcony wall opens in the aft of the ship and not all of them.

The best bet is to contact Carfnival and ask the question dierectly. At least you won't be suprised.

Good Luck!

I thought they did. The post above clearly shows some that do not. I think it would be wise for anybody who wishes to travel with others (and have the balcony door between them open) specifically ask the TA about specific cabins. Then they will not be as suprised (and disappointed) as I am.

Thanks Milcruiser, I just called Carnival, and they said our 2 balconies will open, thankfully. Thanks for all your help. 34 days and counting.

No problem Chris. I was hoping someone who had these cabins might be on here and willing to swap and it also helps point out an issue I haven't seen on here before.

I circled the aft cabin dividers that won't open in this pic;

2904910240065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The ship I used to demonstrate is Conquest and all Conquest class ships have the same dividers......unless I looked at them wrong. :)

Thanks for posting the photo, we'll be on the Conquest in one of those aft corners in just a couple months. Yeah!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my last ditch effort. One last shot on these boards in finding whoever has either of these two cabins. Otherwise I will have to try to meet them before they get too settled in at the beginning of the cruise.

Wish me luck!

Archived