First time with a toddler

FB

We are set to sail next weekend (March 9) on the Sensation. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions that one might not think of bringing or doing on a cruise with a toddler (2). This will be our 4th cruise but first on Carnival.

Thanks

FB

I was on that ship in August. I hope you have a better experience. :eek: It's no secret that Sensation wasn't my favorite ship. But no cruise is a bad cruise. And the kids had a nice time at Camp.

I can show you pics of the ship if you want.

I have the camp schedules for that age group. These aren't set in stone for your cruise but you can see the types of activities they had for 2-5 year olds.

CSensation2-5Pg1.jpg

CSensation2-5Pg2.jpg

CSensation2-5Pg3.jpg

I am sailing with my 2 1/2 year old in 3 weeks. You are lucky your child can go to the kids program...on Celebrity they must be 3 and potty trained.

When we took my son at this age..I made sure I brought a variety of things to do. Color books, crayons, New items to make it special, games.

He loved swimming in the pool...but you have to check about swim diapers. We only did excursions where we went to a beach or did shopping. Definately bring a stroller. (although I see they rent them!)

I definately would recommend getting in a nap sometime during the day so you child is fresh for the lengthy dinner. The sea air does do them wonders!

The staff treats you much better when you have little ones along!

We also did a lot of people watching and had fun that way.

Have a good cruise!

Thanks for the daily activity sheets that is great to know!

I would love to hear about your trip. Did you write a review I could read. The more information you have to prepare yourself the better off you are!

Pictures would be great THANKS!

FB

I am sailing with my 2 1/2 year old in 3 weeks. You are lucky your child can go to the kids program...on Celebrity they must be 3 and potty trained.

When we took my son at this age..I made sure I brought a variety of things to do. Color books, crayons, New items to make it special, games.

He loved swimming in the pool...but you have to check about swim diapers. We only did excursions where we went to a beach or did shopping. Definately bring a stroller. (although I see they rent them!)

I definately would recommend getting in a nap sometime during the day so you child is fresh for the lengthy dinner. The sea air does do them wonders!

The staff treats you much better when you have little ones along!

We also did a lot of people watching and had fun that way.

Have a good cruise!

We are going to be bringing a stroller with us. I don't think I could travel without one! Especially for our day at Disney.

Thanks for the daily activity sheets that is great to know!

I would love to hear about your trip. Did you write a review I could read. The more information you have to prepare yourself the better off you are!

Pictures would be great THANKS!

FB

Yep, here's my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31846

I'll post the pictures of the ship that I have here...it will take a few posts because CC only allows 5 pics per post

Sensation outside Shots

IMG_1176-1.jpg

IMG_1177-1.jpg

This is the children's pool shut down, being cleaned by a crew member, because someone pooped in the pool. (Did I mention it was a bad crowd...lol)

878783-R1-02-1A_003.jpg

IMG_1181-1.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Archived