OK, convince me...........

AuntieBarb

Not intended to be personal, just trying to understand people in general who seem to take advantage of every opportunity to tout the virtues of 'anytime' or 'freestyle' dining on other lines; and how much better it is, yet seem to spend a lot of time here on the Carnival boards and continue to cruise with Carnival, which is traditional dining only.

Gee I thought this thread was about traditional and freestyle/anytime:confused:

Now I can only speak for myself but I spend time on this board because the majority of my cruising experience is with Carnival. I choose to sail all lines yes even if they are traditional dining but I prefer anytime.

How boring!! ; )

Boring? I am never bored on a cruise. Well maybe sometimes on sea days:D

The only hot things you'll find on the breakfast room service menu are the coffee, and water for tea or hot chocolate..

Com'on, you should also count the things warm or formerly warm, like the toast.:p

Dan

The only hot things you'll find on the breakfast room service menu are the coffee, and water for tea or hot chocolate..

There ya go; bursting my temporary bubble! LOL! No problem. We're accustomed to heading to the dining room for breakfast. But a bowl of cereal would be nice. :D

There ya go; bursting my temporary bubble! LOL! No problem. We're accustomed to heading to the dining room for breakfast. But a bowl of cereal would be nice. :D

No problem getting a bowl of cereal in the dining room.. :D

We're being adventurous this fall, breaking away from our dedication to NCL & the freestyle concept, by joining some former cruisers on the Fantasy. Some of them have experience with Carnival and have told us quite a bit, but I'd really like to hear more.

Can you convince me why we'll prefer traditional cruising aboard Carnival over freestyle cruising with NCL?

I have been thinking over a week about your thread. I don't mean to sound mean or thrash about it at all....But why should we convince you? You need to make the decision based upon what you have researched and what you like or don't like. I can't say anything about any other cruise line except Carnival. If I want to go on other cruise lines, I will research here and other sites and get the majority, but in the end, I am the one that must live with my decision. If I make a wrong decision, it will be no ones fault by my own. But, you better believe I will make the best of whatever cruise I chose. Good luck!;)

I have been thinking over a week about your thread. I don't mean to sound mean or thrash about it at all....But why should we convince you? You need to make the decision based upon what you have researched and what you like or don't like. I can't say anything about any other cruise line except Carnival. If I want to go on other cruise lines, I will research here and other sites and get the majority, but in the end, I am the one that must live with my decision. If I make a wrong decision, it will be no ones fault by my own. But, you better believe I will make the best of whatever cruise I chose. Good luck!;)

Nice to know it took over a week to reply as such. That question has been asked a few times already. Sorry you've overlooked my responses. :p

Barb...good news, looks like you can get a bowl of cereal from the breakfast room service menu. See below for full room service breakfast menu.. :)

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Room_Service_Breakfast

You've been really sweet. Thank you! Lox and bagels, and some fruit or croissant will do just fine too. :)

I'd say we're just about good to go and it certainly sounds like we "freestylers" can be converted.

No coffee pots in the stateroom, but we can arrange for a carafe of coffee delivered to our stateroom each morning and order light breakfast selections too. I'm otherwise certain hubby will get my rear in gear to head to the dining room for breakfast too or the buffet if we're pressed for time.

If we get our late seating for dinner (which accommodates late returns from excursions too), we can have our cocktails before and during dinner and still make a show afterwards (hopefully staying awake LOL!), in addition to whatever else comes about in the evening.

How about lunch? Are times assigned then too or is it open seating? How about at embarkation? Any sit down lunch available or is it only buffet? (NCL tries to steer pax to the buffet, but we know otherwise..hee hee)

The rest will be left up to our imagination or following the lead of our group! :D Dare I ask if they play Quest or something similar?

You've been really sweet. Thank you! Lox and bagels, and some fruit or croissant will do just fine too. :)

I'd say we're just about good to go and it certainly sounds like we "freestylers" can be converted.

No coffee pots in the stateroom, but we can arrange for a carafe of coffee delivered to our stateroom each morning and order light breakfast selections too. I'm otherwise certain hubby will get my rear in gear to head to the dining room for breakfast too or the buffet if we're pressed for time.

If we get our late seating for dinner (which accommodates late returns from excursions too), we can have our cocktails before and during dinner and still make a show afterwards (hopefully staying awake LOL!), in addition to whatever else comes about in the evening. How about lunch? Are times assigned then too or is it open seating? How about at embarkation? Any sit down lunch available or is it only buffet? (NCL tries to steer pax to the buffet, but we know otherwise..hee hee)

The rest will be left up to our imagination or following the lead of our group! :D Dare I ask if they play Quest or something similar?

Sounds like you have most of it figured out, and you're going into it with a positive attitude; which is most of the battle. Traditional dining really does have a lot of things going for it, as you'll soon find out. We always do late seating, for the very reason you have stated above; we don't have to rush back from shore excursions, or just being ashore in general.

As you alluded to, we have our favorites (hot coffee, bagels, smoked salmon, fruit, etc.) from the room service breakfast menu delivered to our cabin to get us going; then after we're awake and freshened up, we usually head to the dining room for open seating breakfast, or head to the lido deck buffet. Lunch is also open seating in the dining room on Carnival. Set times and tables only apply for dinner.

Carnival does the same as most lines at embarkation, in trying to get everybody to the buffet for embarkation lunch; which is what we typically do, so I'm not sure about the dining room being open for lunch on embarkation day. Don't know about Quest (actually haven't heard of it), but they always have games going on; day and night, and you can participate as much or as little as you want.

Have a great cruise, and I'm confident that you will enjoy Carnival, and it's traditional dining; among so many other things. We have sailed NCL a few times, as well as RCI and HAL. They all have their pros and cons, but Carnival is usually our first choice.

Archived