Independent Snorkel Operators

cruisin0308

Going to Coz in 3 weeks. Don't want to sign up for an excursion, to go with the crowds. Are there independent operators at some of the beaches that would be willing to take us out for a couple of hours to snorkel?

Hi,

Actually we did some independent snorkeling. Go into town to the main seawalls when you arrive and ask around. There are a bunch of "small" boats (can you say dingy with a top?) that do snorkeling from the main shopping area. We negotiated a price and went out on one with a captain and a snorkel guide with my DW and son. My wife wasn't interested in snorkeling and had learned the phrase, "Muchos cervesa por favor". She said that once and they stopped an incoming boat and collected all their left over beer and filled up their on-board cooler (the beer was free). My wife had an excellent time drinking with the captain (not too many for him as he was piloting the boat (no Exxon Valdes for us)) and myself and son really enjoyed snorkeling near by with the snorkel guy. When we were tired, we said back to shore, they dropped us off and we went out for some good Mexican food at a local restaurant recommended by the Captain. All ad hoc and totally fun!

Randall

Hi,

Actually we did some independent snorkeling. Go into town to the main seawalls when you arrive and ask around. There are a bunch of "small" boats (can you say dingy with a top?) that do snorkeling from the main shopping area. We negotiated a price and went out on one with a captain and a snorkel guide with my DW and son. My wife wasn't interested in snorkeling and had learned the phrase, "Muchos cervesa por favor". She said that once and they stopped an incoming boat and collected all their left over beer and filled up their on-board cooler (the beer was free). My wife had an excellent time drinking with the captain (not too many for him as he was piloting the boat (no Exxon Valdes for us)) and myself and son really enjoyed snorkeling near by with the snorkel guy. When we were tired, we said back to shore, they dropped us off and we went out for some good Mexican food at a local restaurant recommended by the Captain. All ad hoc and totally fun!

Randall

Thanks for the info. Randall. To say the least, I would've been sitting right next to your wife and captain of the boat, especially with free beer! We're taking our 2 teenagers on their very first cruise and my husband and daughter will be doing the snorkeling thing. Thanks again for your input, very helpful.....

Archived