Disembarkation Barcelona

Hi

What time does the NOS tend to start disembarking passengers in Barcelona and is this often delayed much?

We are booked onto a NOS cruise out of Barcelona this Summer. The in-laws are looing to fly back to LA on disembarkation day. They probably want to fly BA (via Heathrow). That would mean that they would need to be on the 11.30am BA flight from Barcelona airport (since the later BA flight would not connect to LA in Heathrow) - is this practical?

Thanks,

Boo

I've only disembarked in BCN twice, but assuming your ship docks on time, you should no have any problem with an 1130am departure. I did self debarkation and the entire process was quick and painless. Just keep in mind that taxis can be tough to get when debarkation is in full swing. The good thing is that you do not have to go thru customs / immigration at the pier.

The taxi ride takes about 30 min, give or take. If you are coming back on a weekday, keep in mind that you may have to deal with some rush hour volume.

You'll also want to leave plenty of time to clear security and customs at the airport.

I was off the ship around 7 and at the airport by 730 no problem.

Thanks GMoney :)

I don't think that we will self-disembark (beacuse we will have an 80+ year old with a dodgy hip with us and not sure how we could jungle that), but we should get priority disembarkation (staying in suites and being on a fairly early flight). But will see how things go - husband and I did self disembarkation when getting off the Liberty (last September) and it was very good (apart from the stupidly small elevator in the terminal... was a real "bottle neck").

Cruise does finish on a Monday, so will need to take that into consideration... (good point about rush hour).

Thanks,

Boo

Thanks GMoney :)

I don't think that we will self-disembark (beacuse we will have an 80+ year old with a dodgy hip with us and not sure how we could jungle that), but we should get priority disembarkation (staying in suites and being on a fairly early flight). But will see how things go - husband and I did self disembarkation when getting off the Liberty (last September) and it was very good (apart from the stupidly small elevator in the terminal... was a real "bottle neck").

Cruise does finish on a Monday, so will need to take that into consideration... (good point about rush hour).

Thanks,

Boo

Archived