Princess kids patters...

dekor8r

I asked the Roll Call for Golden March 8th sailing for a favor of bringing back the kids patters for the 'Shockwave' age group (8-12). Junglejane said she would bring them back & get them to CruisinMama to post! I can't wait to show the info to my DGS that is going on our cruise with us at the end of April!

Thank You Junglejane!! :D

Okay, now I guess I'm really committed! Can I scan them in and email them to you CruisinMama? BTW, we went on last year's Diamond Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera (March 2007) and I used the Kids Patters to recruit friends who are joining us on this year's cruise. They have a DS (6) and DD (4). Having the Patters helped a lot in convincing them to sign up for the cruise.

--Junglejane

My 9 year old daughter participated in the Shockwaves program last week on the Grand Princess. I have a copy of their program but I do not have access to a scanner. I would be happy to answer any questions.

CeeCee,

How did your daughter like it? We have 9 yr old son coming with us in April on the Crown, and older daughters, 13 and 17, so he will be in Shockwaves on his one, while they hang out in Remix..

Did she go every day and/or join any evening activities?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

My daughter loved it and ended up in the club for at least part of every day. Here is a summary of the daily activities.

First day at sea: Get-to-Know-You games, Human Knots & Crosses, Caption and Caricature, poker play, Beadie Buddies, Guitar Hero Play, Jenga Mania, Name that Tune, Ice Cream Party, Scattegories, play station mania, birthday party and kids dinner, and T-shirt coloring competition.

Second day: Dinner Date, tattoo and hair paint, Disco. When I picked her up at 10:00pm her hair was bright pink. She had to wash and dry her hair before bed - luckily it washed out easily. The disco was in Skywalkers. She loved it. They had competitions: limbo, funniest dance move, etc. The prizes were small stuffed animals, bath/pool toys, yoyo, and key chains.

Third day: Scareoke, Viva las Vegas (Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Bingo & Horse Racing)

Fourth day: Survivor Night (Banner construction, mystery mush, feel a bag, blind folded art, obstacle course).

Fifth day at sea: Whales and Dolphins Training (this was really a movie about sea creatures) Fashion Hunt and Fashion Show (the kids were split into two teams and given supplies such as trash bags, ribbons, tape, etc and had to make an outfit), bead crafts, ice cream party, dodge ball, pictionary, PJ party and movie. They were going to go to MUTS but it was too windy.

Sixth day: Princess Cays. The schedule said they would have a sand castle competition, water balloon fight, hole digging contest and water slides. They did none of these things. It was basically babysitting while they played on the pirate ship play structure. That night they had a pizza party and watched a movie.

In addition they did get to tour the bridge. It wasn't on the schedule and my dd can't remember which day they went. She participated in the Jr. Chef program on the second sea day. A pastry chef led the kids in decorating their own cake in the atrium. It was an extra $10 charge.

My daughter had a great week. Princess Cays was the only disappointment.

Archived