Victor Bodden tours in Roatan?

happyme101

I have read that this company is very good. Anyone with experiences? We are thinking of the Extreme zip-lining, iguana farm and monkey tours.... We are a family of 11 with oldest being 58 and youngest is 8. Anyone have any opinions/suggestions? Shouild we request a particular driver??

Thanks!!:)

I have read that this company is very good. Anyone with experiences? We are thinking of the Extreme zip-lining, iguana farm and monkey tours.... We are a family of 11 with oldest being 58 and youngest is 8. Anyone have any opinions/suggestions? Shouild we request a particular driver??

Hi, I just did this tour on Monday....it was great...I recommend for all ages as you can do whatever you want to do!!! My husband loved the ziplining...if anyone doesn't want to zipline.....he will take you shopping or site seeing while the others are zipping....I waited and took pictures of my husband.....if you go make sure you have lunch at the barefeet restaurant...it is right on the beach and is great.....ronnie the bartender/owner is very nice and has a great little place....

We went on a tour with them last year. They will go and do whatever you want to do. As we have young children, we did not do the ziplines, but went to the iguana farm, to see the monkeys at Victor's house and to the West End for lunch and then to the beach for snorkeling. It was very reasonably priced and we got a lot of information along the tour as well.

I think it was our favorite stop on that cruise. I would highly recommend them.

We used Victor two weeks ago--AWESOME! We did the ziplining and monkeys which is all we had time for due to the abbreviated Spirit schedule. My children all ziplined, however my 10 year old had a little bit of a problem on the ziplines that require you to walk holding on to the rope. So be forewarned with your 8 year old. My son is very tall and what happens is that you walk across either a bridge or a rope holding on up above for balance. His arms barely made it. On a couple of the runs there was an alternative where you could just zip (which was less challenging so we want the fun!), but it was an all or nothing-meaning the whole group had to zip....... I am definitely recommending it.... Just suggesting that you choose to zip rather than walk those lines so the little one has a better experience. Victor is a GREAT communicator and will do everything to make sure your group has a great time. The monkeys are at his house. There are two you can hold and two that are in a cage. I thought there were more, but the kids were still thrilled nonetheless. HAVE FUN!

We took his tour last year, loved it. Highly reccomend it. We did not do the zip-lining though. He will do or go where ever you want. We included a stop at an orphange. You can't beat the price. Very friendly and knowledgable.

Hi, I just did this tour on Monday....it was great...I recommend for all ages as you can do whatever you want to do!!! My husband loved the ziplining...if anyone doesn't want to zipline.....he will take you shopping or site seeing while the others are zipping....I waited and took pictures of my husband.....if you go make sure you have lunch at the barefeet restaurant...it is right on the beach and is great.....ronnie the bartender/owner is very nice and has a great little place....

Which beach?

Ok can you book Victor's tour when you get off the ship ? We don't want to book on-line because we are just not sure what we want to do there. I went to Roatan last month and I 'm going on the Voyager of the Seas March 23rd. I already went to Gumbalimba Park and I really was not impressed with that excursion.

Ok can you book Victor's tour when you get off the ship ? We don't want to book on-line because we are just not sure what we want to do there. I went to Roatan last month and I 'm going on the Voyager of the Seas March 23rd. I already went to Gumbalimba Park and I really was not impressed with that excursion.

I am not sure if you can catch a driver with Victor just getting off the ship, but you could email him and ask. Other option would be to book and then decide later. I highly recommend them - if you do go, say Hi to our driver Carlos!

It seemed to me the day we were in Roatan it would have been easy to find a guide just walking off the ship. We were a little late getting off and it appeared several Victor Bodden guides were still available.

Victor's web site indicates the Port rules require advance booking, but several people were outide the gate hawking tours.

Yes, we just got off the Voyager OTS. We didn't have any plans for Roatan. Got off the ship, walked to the end of the pier, through the market place and found Victor's spot. We booked a tour with Ivan for $25 per person with no reservation.

It seemed to me the day we were in Roatan it would have been easy to find a guide just walking off the ship. We were a little late getting off and it appeared several Victor Bodden guides were still available.

Victor's web site indicates the Port rules require advance booking, but several people were outide the gate hawking tours.

We had the same experience. Several tour companies available with no reservations. We talked to one lady who offered for $20 per person but we went with Victor Bodden because of his reputation on CC. He charged us $25 per person.

Hi , my family and I are booked with Victor in 3 weeks and wanted to know if you tipped the driver extra at the end along with the regular pp fee. I also understand that you pay at the end of the tour, this means you carry around all that cash for the day, any ideas or suggestions.

thank you for any help.

cruisrmom

We booked online, and yes we did tip the driver a little bit at the end in addition to the cost of the tour. We had a very young man as our guide and he was very quiet, nice but not overly helpful. We had asked to go to a nice beach and then a good restaurant for lunch, but he seemed to just drive around and never really made any comments that he had a plan. We ended up going back to the ship and he dropped us off pretty far from the pier and we had to walk in a very congested area. I think he wasn't feeling well either. I think it would have been better to have more people in the van, and cheaper too. It was $40 pp for just the two of us. As far as having to book ahead of time I guess it would depend on how many tours he already had booked, and how many ships are in port that day. I think I would chance it if I were to visit Roatan again, which I don't plan to do. Not one of my favorite port visits.

Hi , my family and I are booked with Victor in 3 weeks and wanted to know if you tipped the driver extra at the end along with the regular pp fee. I also understand that you pay at the end of the tour, this means you carry around all that cash for the day, any ideas or suggestions.

thank you for any help.

cruisrmom

I have taken many private tours and depending on how good the tour/guide is we always tip about $5 a person extra. But have tipped $10 a person for a great tour/guide. These people make very small incomes and I love the fact that they are so appreciative of the tip. I always carry cash without any problems, just do not flash it around and maybe carry your tour money in one pocket and the spending money in another. I personally do not trust some of the island places with giving them my CC information.

mwsrccl, thank you for the helpful info, my DH and I had already decided to split the money up between us and I always carry a small neck pouch as well.

also, we have asked to eat lunch at sometime during our visit what is the avg. cost and do you recommend any places.

cruisrmom

I have 3 in my group that want to go to Paradise Beach or Anthony's Key for the Dolphin encounter but don't want to book through the ship as it is very expensive. Has anyone ever been able to book these on thier own or do they only take reservations through the ship?

We booked online with no money up front. That way you know that you have a driver. I am looking forward to using his tour I have read many good reviews. I was able to ask about my guide in advance too.

HEY RHONDA see you in a few weeks. We will be on the Legend that week too. Can't wait!!:D :D :D :D

We booked online with no money up front. That way you know that you have a driver. I am looking forward to using his tour I have read many good reviews. I was able to ask about my guide in advance too.

HEY RHONDA see you in a few weeks. We will be on the Legend that week too. Can't wait!!:D :D :D :D

Hey cheesehead1, below is a link to our roll call, come on over and join us! If you have kids they can get to know other kids before the cruise, it makes it alot more fun for them. Come on over! Rhonda

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=13667011#post13667011

We were a group of four who were just in Roatan on March 3rd (Norwegian Sun) and we did the Victor Bodden tour with Theris as our guide. I believe that is the best tour that I have ever been on. She took us all OVER the island. Everything that we wanted to see, we saw. My mom is afraid of iguanas, so we didn't get to see them, but we still had an excellent time. Our tour lasted from 9:30 AM to approx. 1:30 PM! I don't know of too many places where you can get a 4 hour tour for $25 a person with such a WONDERFUL tour guide. We LOVED Roatan and my husband is strongly considering buying property there. Many people will say that the country looks very "third world" which I don't believe. Their lifestyle is just not as complicated as the people in the states. The landscape on that island is beautiful and so are many of the homes. I could see myself vacationing there quite often.

Just took the V. Bodden tour in Roatan and I highly recommend it.

I also want to say that Roatan was an amazing surprise...what a BEAUTIFUL place!!!!!! It was right up there with St Thomas and St Lucia as far as breathtaking beauty. It also seems to be getting developed in a HUGE way, so I see it as becoming a vacation hot spot in the near future.

We arranged for Henry (who was our tour guide through Bodden Tours, and who was an AWESOME guide) to take us to the orphanage ***** ** ******* *** **** ****** ******** *** ****. *** **** **** **** ************ *** ** **** ****. We drove around the island and made stops at the Iguana farm as well as Victor's home and got to hold monkeys there (this was a lot of fun!!)

If you can request a guide when booking with Victor, do ask for Henry. He was fabulous.

I would book a cruise that stopped in Roatan again in a second. :)

We did the tour with Victor Bodden tours, with Caesar being our guide. He was GREAT. We ziplined with our 5 year old, who loved it. He's fearless & went by himself on the very 1st zip. He loved the bridges & got across them MUCH quicker than we did. Alex was our guide on the zipline at Jungle Canopy (think that's the name) & he was GREAT, both with us & our son. He offered to use our video camera to tape us zipping across. We also went to two of the shipwrecks & to Victor's to see the monkey. Victor was ill, but still took time to come out and talk to us. It was one of my favorite ports & would have been my absolute favorite if we weren't on such a tight schedule on the NCL Spirit.

Debbie