Victor Bodden tours in Roatan?

happyme101

They did tell the story behind the shipwrecks. I'm on brain overload from the cruise, but I'm thinking they were both around 50 years old. Weather, misguided captains, & reefs did them in. I was expecting to see older shipwrecks, but they were still unique. I haven't made it home yet (flew in this a.m. & came straight to work), but I'll post pics of the shipwrecks in the next few days.

They did tell the story behind the shipwrecks. I'm on brain overload from the cruise, but I'm thinking they were both around 50 years old. Weather, misguided captains, & reefs did them in. I was expecting to see older shipwrecks, but they were still unique. I haven't made it home yet (flew in this a.m. & came straight to work), but I'll post pics of the shipwrecks in the next few days.

I understand the brain overload!!!! :D

Actually, I think one was wrecked due to the reefs, the other was a fire in the engine room. The ship was full of lumber and the captain dumped all the lumber so as not to lose it in the fire. Lots of folks in Roatan got the lumber that washed ashore and did some building with it. :)

I understand the brain overload!!!! :D

Actually, I think one was wrecked due to the reefs, the other was a fire in the engine room. The ship was full of lumber and the captain dumped all the lumber so as not to lose it in the fire. Lots of folks in Roatan got the lumber that washed ashore and did some building with it. :)

THANKS!!! He must have only told the story about the shipwreck due to the reefs, b/c the fire story I would have remembered (my brain still functions somewhat anyway :D )!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked Victor Bodden tours for our trip around the island. We got Victor himself ($25/person). Victor is a very personable, soft-spoken guy and is very knowledgeable about the island. He is very easy to locate when you get off the ship. What a great day and a beautiful island. We had a group of 10 people aged 10 to 50. First, we did the zip line at Jungle Canopy. Some of us were second guessing this….not good with heights. Don’t miss it we all had a blast. This is right in the jungle and at treetop level. It is really like something out of a Tarzan movie. The setting is fabulous and since you are right in the rain forest it is very beautiful. I think there are about 20 stations with zip lines and wooden bridges. It took us about an hour. I always felt very secure. The guides were great to help catch/stop you. The kids were hanging upside down by halfway through.

Then we went to Victor’s house to see the monkeys. This was a highlight for my 10 year old. We have lots of pictures holding the monkey ($2/person). We decided not to go to the Iguana farm as it had just rained and Victor thought most of the iguanas would be up I the trees, not lounging out in the sun.

Next we went to Half Moon Bay for swimming and snorkeling. A nice spot with lounge chairs and great views. The water was a bit rough from a storm the previous day, so snorkeling wasn’t the greatest-a bit murky. Victor waited there while we swam and relaxed. He also gave us options of other beach areas to go, but we were settled, so we stayed put. We then went back to the ship and Victor dropped us off just outside the dock area for shopping. He said the best deals were to be had there. We purchased some mahogany bowls –very nice.

• 5 years later...

Our tour of Roatan was definitely one of our favourite stops on our cruise and all the credit goes to our fabulous guide Kenny! He was great! His english is fabulous and although it isn't his native language you would never know it! He gives you honest answers to your questions and is very knowledgable about everything we asked. Our day ended at the beach resort that Kenny suggested... absolutely beautiful with music snorkling gorgeous sand and sun!

:)