58 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer

• No Restrictions
    • Smoker free
    • Child Free
    • Smoker & Child Free
    • Alcohol free

Sad isn't it :)

Having paid out good money I don't mind being selfish.

On my last cruise I came very close to GBH on two ankle traps and assault on some more.

One ankle trap backed between me and the coffee machine as I bum(p)ed into his mum whoo pushed me back towards the machine.

The second was more likely to have been brained but the tray I was carrying as he launched himself across the gap to his mum by the pool.

Oddly the assault would also have involved boys who were monopolising the pool and playing with a beach ball contrary to the posted rules.

The smokers weren't too bad. Better if the staff had emptied the ash cans more than every few days :(

What about a Free Cruise.

Not bothered about children, don't like smoke :mad: but I can live with it: but having to pay for a cruise now that is beyond the pale.

:):)Happy cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Not too bothered about smokers ( i am a non-smoker) but screeching ankle biters - no thanks. Tried a family ship (AURORA) and was seated next to a tired miserable baby sat in a high chair on the table behind on 2nd sitting evening dinner - really spoiled it for us...why a mum didn't use the creche, childrens teas or night listening is a mystery..... also not keen on the shouting and screeching around the pools. I am glad Arcadia and Artemis is a option. I am a Mum by the way - got the tshirt been there, did it for 20 years, but after that long you want some peace and relaxtion and not be bothered by OTHER peoples children. LONG LIVE CHILD FREE SHIPS!

4.gif

Sue

Whilst it is fair to say that the adult ships are 100% free of children under 18, the family ships should not be dis-counted.

The excellent teen and chldren facilities on board mean that, even during the school holidays, one is not too "bothered" by the presence of other folks kinder.

Away from the school holidays, especially on the longer cruises the number of the young of the species drops-off dramatically. On our 18 nighter to the Black Sea in 09/2006 we had circa 6 on board, 2 of which were of school age.

I was surprised regarding Libralass's experience as I was always under the impression that very small children and infants were taken care of at the children's tea, the tweens could dine with parents at the 1st sitting and that only 14+ could dine on the 2nd sitting.

I have only ever seen infants in the main restaurant at breakfast and lunch, so Libralass's expereince was somewhat unfortunate and hopefully not too common.

"I was surprised regarding Libralass's experience as I was always under the impression that very small children and infants were taken care of at the children's tea, the tweens could dine with parents at the 1st sitting and that only 14+ could dine on the 2nd sitting."

Yes but it could not have happened to a more deserving person:p:p

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Hi everybody,

Thought I would put my tuppence worth in(showing my age now with tuppence!!!)

I am a non smoker, but my husband likes the occasional cigar, out on the open deck, he would not dream of smoking in our cabin for fear of his life (me - not the fire risk)!!! and although we will have a balcony cabin for the first time this year, I don't think I will want him smoking on it, but we will see. I think that you just have to show consideration for others, yes 'this is our expensive holiday that we've saved for all year' but it is also everybody elses as well.

As for the Children bit , I also like Sue have been there, seen it, done it, and I hope that if my child was screaming in a resturant I would remove my child and appologise to my fellow dinners, maybe this makes me sound like a stuffy old bag, but it is a pet hate of mine to see badly behaved parents (no this is not a typing mistake) in charge of little ones who take their behavour from their parents. I have been known to get up and ask to be moved in a resturant because of parents who ignore the needs of other dinners, I know it is very difficult and believe me I have had my share of embarassing moments with children.

My other big complaint are parents who plant themselves in a lounger and let their kids just do what they want with no supervision, ie hog jucuzzis in large groups!! Even on a ship therse days i would want to know what my child was doing all the time.

Anyway apart from a few moans we love our cruising and hope we will be continueing to for a very long time.

Regards to all,

Nancy

Yes but it could not have happened to a more deserving person

stop being nasty Dia

i'm coming over there to get some money off you to pay for mine!

if you can afford to have two more booked you can pay for mine

Hi everybody,

Thought I would put my tuppence worth in(showing my age now with tuppence!!!)

I am a non smoker, but my husband likes the occasional cigar, out on the open deck, he would not dream of smoking in our cabin for fear of his life (me - not the fire risk)!!! and although we will have a balcony cabin for the first time this year, I don't think I will want him smoking on it, but we will see. I think that you just have to show consideration for others, yes 'this is our expensive holiday that we've saved for all year' but it is also everybody elses as well.

As for the Children bit , I also like Sue have been there, seen it, done it, and I hope that if my child was screaming in a resturant I would remove my child and appologise to my fellow dinners, maybe this makes me sound like a stuffy old bag, but it is a pet hate of mine to see badly behaved parents (no this is not a typing mistake) in charge of little ones who take their behavour from their parents. I have been known to get up and ask to be moved in a resturant because of parents who ignore the needs of other dinners, I know it is very difficult and believe me I have had my share of embarassing moments with children.

My other big complaint are parents who plant themselves in a lounger and let their kids just do what they want with no supervision, ie hog jucuzzis in large groups!! Even on a ship therse days i would want to know what my child was doing all the time.

Anyway apart from a few moans we love our cruising and hope we will be continueing to for a very long time.

Regards to all,

Nancy

Nancy you certainly do not sound like a stuffy old bag! i think your post regarding children is very balanced and on my wave length, I totally agree with you.

There are a lot of lazy parents out there that give their children too much freedom on a cruise ship.

I do feel that the ships policy of children over 9yrs being able to sign themselves in and out of club a little unhelpful. Thankfully my girls are not old enough to do this but when they are it is not a situation i will welcome(i do not take my kids on holiday to get shot of them for 2 weeks, for me it is about doing things together, infact we have complained that there are not enough family activities/shows, however it is nice to have a couple of hours off a day knowing that they are being properly supervised )

It is a shame that people who have had a bad experience generalise to include all children when it is for the best part their parents fault.

As for this poll well yes kids can be annoying but will probably not kill you!

for me smoking has to be the worst thing.

Well apart from the moaners and the ones that find it hard to crack a smile!:D

Lou

'this is our expensive holiday that we've saved for all year' but it is also everybody elses as well.

Good call.

. . . child was screaming in a resturant . . . remove my child and appologise to my fellow dinners, . . .

Mrs PN will even leave a shop if that happens.

I have been known to get up and ask to be moved in a resturant because of parents who ignore the needs of other dinners,

Not just parents with off-spring but parents on their own.:D

To be fair, they were finishing their meal and we were starting ours but at $54 a head extra we didn't want to be in their party.

My other big complaint are parents who plant themselves in a lounger and let their kids just do what they want with no supervision,

And risk them being trampled under foot as I almost did. :)

ie hog jucuzzis in large groups!!

That too but what I thought took the biscuit was one indulgent granny watching grand-daughter snorkelling in the jaccuzi.

Archived