Coki and Megan's in same day?

billnye12

My wife and I will be in St. Thomas on June 2 with the Valor. We're in port from 9:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Do you think we'd have time to snorkel for a few hours at Coki, then take a taxi from there to Megan's Bay (which we were told by friends is a must-visit)? It seems like a doable adventure. Can anyone help me here? Also, does Coki have snorkel gear rentals at the beach?

We were in Coki Beach last week and I never even thought about the dog bones. Now I feel badly for doing it......

I really don't think you need to feed anything, the fish here are so plentiful and swim all around you. There are so many, it's just wonderful.

We visited Coki in St. Thomas, Nassau reefs and Oyster Bay in St. Martin and The Baths in Tortolas Virgin Gorda. By far Coki's is the best for calm and warmer waters and sheer numbers of fish.

We had a couple extra days in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise, so purchased snorkle equipment there. Great prices and after this trip, I can't wait to find more places to do it.

Megan's is awesome. We spent much time there during a land based vacation, and if you can get there, it is well worth it. Just up the "road" is Udder Delights, a great ice cream place run by the local dairy. They will also put in a variety of alcohol into your milkshake, which is really nice on a hot day

I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing as the OP.

I'm trying to decide between Coki or Sapphire Beach first ~ I want to snorkel ~ which would be better?

Then, we want to go to Megan's for a while. Someone said that things start kind of closing down on the beaches around 4 pm ~ true or false?

We probably wouldn't even be getting to Megan's until after 4 because we are doing a tour first and getting dropped off at Coki or Sapphire for 2 hours, then we want to go to Megan's for a couple hours.

Both Coki and Sapphire have good snorkeling.

At Magens the gate folks are there until 5pm collecting entrance fee, the watersports rental folks are there until 4:30pm, the conession area for chairs, store, bar/food is usually closed up around 5pm.

Two notes: Taxis are usually readily available at Magens but as numbers of cruise folks on the beach thin out in the late afternoon so do the number of taxis; good idea at this time of day to either ask the driver that takes you there to return at a set time or sit close to the taxi stand area so that you can see the taxis and can make sure you catch one before they all take off for the day. And, during the summer months the sun sets around 6:57pm. During the winter months around 5:49pm. It gets dark quickly after sunset.

--Islander

Archived