Age - Zip Lining

Petter

I am 73 years old, have 2 artificial knees and a pacemaker. BUT I am in very good health, can dance and do anything I want to do. I want to go zip lining, husband does not want to. So, how strenous is it? Can I do this safely?

unfortuanley there is a health risk for the pacemaker. the companies on't let someone with a cardiac or chest problems. it is a big adrenaline rush and that would put a huge strain on the heart. sorry about that.

Petter, you GO, girl!!! Bummer no being able to go because of the pacemaker, but the spirit is young!!!

I want to zipline in Cabo, but hubby is deathly afraid of heights, and even if I managed to talk him into doing it, I dont' think we can as he is one big dude, (220 lbs, give or take) and there's a weight limit :(

I think it's awesome that you want to go, and I hope you find an excursion that's just as much fun. Hey, howabout swim with the dolphins?

That is what I hope to do someday, too. :)

I am 73 years old, have 2 artificial knees and a pacemaker. BUT I am in very good health, can dance and do anything I want to do. I want to go zip lining, husband does not want to. So, how strenous is it? Can I do this safely?

We did the Jungle Canopy Tour when we were on the Golden Princess in January. This was in Puerto Vallarta.

My review of the cruise, including raves about the Jungle Canopy Tour, is linked below. The tour company was Vallarta Adventures.

Regarding your question, there were three women in our group of 12 who appeared to be in your age-range. They had no problems and seemed to enjoy it as much as we did.

This is the link to the website:

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/faq.html#11

Quoting:

Minimum Physical Requirements to Participate in the Tour:

Ability to walk 15 minutes uphill and up steps.

Sufficient mobility and strength to climb a 15-foot ladder straight up.

Must fit in the harness and helmet in a safe manner as determined by the Senior Guide.

This is a function of body shape and size, not weight. If you have concerns around this issue contact the office prior to booking the Tour. The maximum weight limit is 120 kilos (250 pounds).

The site also says you can't do the tour if you are pregnant. It says nothing about pacemakers.

I'd say go for it!

Archived