Bringing wine and water

uglybutgoodbakery

How much wine are we permitted to bring onboard with us? I'd like to bring a 3 Litre box of Fisheye since we'll be gone for 7 days. I've read in a past review that there is room in the frig for it. Would this be allowed? If not, how many bottles per cruise pp. is permitted?

I'd also like to bring a small cooler with bottled water and some of those crystal light singles powder thingies, since I don't drink soda.

How much liquid refreshment are you allowed to bring on?

How far from the port is the closest place to buy wine? Don't supermarkets sell wine in Florida?

My husband carried on a whole case of wine ( for the 6 of us) last year on the STAR...no questions asked!! ;)

We asked if we could just put on a ship luggage tag and have it delivered to our cabin with our luggage but we were told they wouldn't guarantee it will not break!!!

Water and soda - we brought an extra duffel bag with us and bought a case of water and a few 12 packs of diet soda at the local Publix before the day of emabrkation as we were there a few days early. We put the water and soda in those huge zip lock storage bags and placed them in the duffel bag. Got to the room with no problem. People have said that they have slapped an embarkation tag onto the case of water and it got to their room with no problem.

They say you can bring soda and water on board. They say you can bring 1 bottle of wine on per person, but as you see, many others have brought more with no problem.

We did never drink all of the soda - we weren't in the room much. We bought the soda card, and this was much more convienent for us as we didn't need to carry anything with us. We wound up leaving the rest of the soda and water for our room steward.

I am wondering about the boxed wine thing too. I have always just checked the bag with boxed wine in it, but next time we are doing only carry ons.

What size box can you carry on? 1L or 3L per person?

And, the 3L boxes do fit nicely in the refrigerator :)

I really don't want to do any sneaking, I'm a terrrrrrible liar. Last year we were enroute to Las Vegas and I got caught with some non-regulation size toiletries in my carry on. They pulled me into that side "interrogation room" and treated me like I had brought on nuclear explosives, it was sooooooooo humiliating. I felt like a real idiot. I'm going by the book from now on when travelling:(.

Oh, so there is somewhere within walking distance to the port that we can buy wine at? Is that what it's called, Total Wine?

I don't know that you'd want to Total Wine from the port, its outside the port security entrance and a good distance from your ship. If you are taking a cab have your driver stop on the way, or if you're at a hotel see if their courtesy shuttle can take you over. I wouldn't attempt to walk it from the port.

In the Princess FAQ section, it says you are allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person. Could you bring one bottle on each time you boarded the ship in a different port? On our last cruise, no one seemed to pay any attention to anything we carried on when we came back from a Port. Including that bottle of Tequila.

I know hard liquor is a no-no, but how about beer?

We just got back from a cruise on the Golden. I brought onboard two small boxes-o-wine - the ones that have about the equivalent of 2 bottles each; a red and a white from Target. I flew in from across the country, so I took the pouches out of the boxes and put them in large Ziplock bags. They traveled fine, got through airport and Princess security (checked luggage), and fit in the refrigerator.

Princess also didn’t bat an eye when we bought tequila in port and carried it aboard. No smuggling, just walked right through

I know hard liquor is a no-no, but how about beer?

Just out of curiosity, I asked the person at Princess today when I called about something else. I asked if beer was allowed to be brought on the ship. He started laughing, then said, "No, it isn't, just wine." Do you think just maybe they KNOW about all the smuggling????

My husband carried on a whole case of wine ( for the 6 of us) last year on the STAR...no questions asked!! ;)

We asked if we could just put on a ship luggage tag and have it delivered to our cabin with our luggage but we were told they wouldn't guarantee it will not break!!!

Well, if a case is 12 bottles, and there was 6 of you, that's consistent with the "2 bottles per person allowed"

Archived