Turkey,Croatia & Greece touring

Hi,

Usually when I have gone on cruise, which up to now have been the Caribbean, I have waited until we got off the ship and my DH and I would settle on a price before hand and hire a taxi for the amount of time we wanted to tour. We never had a problem.

This time we are going to be with my parents and aunt who are in there 80's. I didn't want to do a ships tour because I want us to be able to go at our own pace. I have contacted a few agencies I have read through these boards, (like Ekol) and like what I have read. But now my father is saying that he rather wait until we get there and do the same thing as we did with the Caribbean.

We are going to Croatia, Ephesus, Turkey, and Santorini and Corfu, Greece.

If you had and it worked out for you, (or if it didn't), can you anwer the following:

Was it hard to find taxis at these ports;

Did you find taxi drivers that had a good command of either Italian or English, (my parents and I are fluent in both, we will translate to Italian for my aunt or translate to English for my DH);

Were they reliable, (another words did they show you what you wanted to see);

Are there any dos or don'ts that we should be aware of?

Going with others as most of you know there is some give and take and my parents have been letting my DH and I make most of the decisions, so I don't want to give them a hard time about this if I don't have to. My parents throughts are that even though they are 80+ years young and in good shape they might get to a port and not feel up to doing a tour.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Archived