Photos & videos with Stingrays ...?

Carolinamamasita

We just came back from the Conquest. We booked through Carnival and we were offered to buy pics and DVD. Of course we did!! It was an amazing day! You will enjoy! I want to go back next year and do the same thing. I know that other cruisers went through Carnival and were also offered the pics and DVD, but I don't know about independent guides.;)

We just came back from the Conquest. We booked through Carnival and we were offered to buy pics and DVD. Of course we did!! It was an amazing day! You will enjoy! I want to go back next year and do the same thing. I know that other cruisers went through Carnival and were also offered the pics and DVD, but I don't know about independent guides.;)

thats what I was worried about ... if you dont book through the ship

there may not be the same photo & video opportunities...:(

Can you tell me how much the photos & video were ?

I so much want them because this will be our first time doing this.

thanks

Booked with Capt Marvins and they had a film person. DVD was $60 for about an hour or so video. They didn't do pics, but we had a waterproof cam so we took our own. We had a blast and were well taken care of on marvin's

Booked with Capt Marvins and they had a film person. DVD was $60 for about an hour or so video. They didn't do pics, but we had a waterproof cam so we took our own. We had a blast and were well taken care of on marvin's

Thank you for responding !!

I was hoping not to lose the souvenir of the photo & videos by

booking on my own

I watch my Dolphin Video From Dolphin Discovery Cozumel all the time

and have leant it out to many family & friends .

So , If I book with Captain Marrvins or other tour guide , I should be OK then ....

anyone else have any experiences with able to get video & photos or not?

THANKS

Capt Marvin is one or the original people that helped develope Stingray city. He is STILL going out on the boats today. We saw him. He only does the signature tours now(full day, full experience) but his whole crew seem to love him. If you book with Marvin's not only are you getting stingrays, you may be in the presence of a legend.

:D I was thinking this morning, I ordered my DVD from the ship. It wasn't my tour, but I was still able to enjoy the rays and see our table mates in it! I ordered before the last sea day for $19.95. Even though I'm not in it, I still love it. The DVD also shows Hell and the Turtle Farm. The pics from my tour were $50 for about 10 pics on a CD. I also took my underwater camera, but for the pics with the ray I didn't want to ask someone else to take the pics with my camera. It was worth the money for me! By the way, we took 3 rolls of water and rays! Absolutely FANTASTIC time!:p

We also went with Captain Marvins and purchased the video. They showed us some of the film footage directly on the camcorder to help us decide if we wanted to purchase it. We paid for it (credit card I think) on the boat but they took our mailing address info and shipped it to us after we returned home. They add some background music, etc.

So do all the tour companies offer this then ?

Everyone seems very happy with Captain Marvin Tours

Maybe I should consider him

I really didnt want to snorkle or scuba

Just the stingrays and then maybe Sea Grape Beach

Is that possible do you think?

And the Photos & Video are a definate MUST!!

So do all the tour companies offer this then ?

Everyone seems very happy with Captain Marvin Tours

Maybe I should consider him

I really didnt want to snorkle or scuba

Just the stingrays and then maybe Sea Grape Beach

Is that possible do you think?

And the Photos & Video are a definate MUST!!

Marvins takes you to either 1 or 2 snorkeling stops before the rays, but you are only at each for like 20 minutes. I jumped out and tried to snorkle for about 5 minutes and couldn't do it. My mustache let too much water into my mask. So I sat there and watched. But the rays were still worth it. Kiss a Stingray and have 7 years good luck!!!

Was out with Capt Marvin's earlier this week, great crew. There are two snorkle stops and then Stingray City. There is a professional scuba paparazi on the boat so you will have some great souvenirs from this great excursion. :)

I went on Moby Dick Tours to Stingray City Feb. 20/08. It was a fantastic time! There was no professional videographer or photographer and that was 1 thing that appealed to me since their pics are always so expensive. We took our own pics (selected 2 are below) and the guides would take pics if you didn't have others in your party. It was a great time with nobody trying to upsell you on their DVDs and pics.

But if you want professional pics or DVD, then Moby Dick isn't for you.

833988859_n511007387_596560_56781.jpg.a27829bdb029bb62336c1dd2acd43752.jpg

1980066791_n511007387_596559_54351.jpg.0f6c47bdbaedf68ad881aacd8a6893ce.jpg

I went on Moby Dick Tours to Stingray City Feb. 20/08. It was a fantastic time! There was no professional videographer or photographer and that was 1 thing that appealed to me since their pics are always so expensive. We took our own pics (selected 2 are below) and the guides would take pics if you didn't have others in your party. It was a great time with nobody trying to upsell you on their DVDs and pics.

But if you want professional pics or DVD, then Moby Dick isn't for you.

Karen,

Nice shots; did you take those with a disposable underwater camera? We're using Moby Dick in May, and I've been debating over what to do about pictures. I, too, am not interested in "professional" photos or DVDs...I just want to know I'm going to be getting some good shots of the stingrays, without worrying about ruining my good cameras! ;)

How'd you like the Valor? We'll be sailing on her May 11.

We went in July 07 and we took our own pictures and video clips (with the same camera) protected by an aquapac (glorified ziplock bag!). They turned out great! If you want to see the clips I took you can view my video at pinkdaisypdotcom, then go to see demos then go to family cruising. Once you have the screen you can scroll along the bottom of it and see the chapters...i think the grand cayman chapter is chapter 5. The people on the boat were very willing to take pictures, with our camera, of us! I think you can get plenty of great pictures even if a pro is not on board (and it is cheaper!!) :)

Wendy :)

We went in July 07 and we took our own pictures and video clips (with the same camera) protected by an aquapac (glorified ziplock bag!). They turned out great! If you want to see the clips I took you can view my video at pinkdaisypdotcom, then go to see demos then go to family cruising. Once you have the screen you can scroll along the bottom of it and see the chapters...i think the grand cayman chapter is chapter 5. The people on the boat were very willing to take pictures, with our camera, of us! I think you can get plenty of great pictures even if a pro is not on board (and it is cheaper!!) :)

Wendy :)

I tried to do that ,

it said that the domain had expired...

am I doing it wrong?

Regarding other private tours:

We recently took a Native Way tour that included the stingrays. They had a photographer along who took stills and sold the full resolution files (on CD) for $20 each. Here is one that we purchased:

stingray-vi.jpg

The photographer shows you the images on his laptop and then gives you a chance to decide whether or not you want any. There was no video provided however.

Jenbo57,

The pics were taken with a Pentax waterproof digital camera (about $179), you can also get Olympia waterproof digital cameras around the same price I believe. Very handy to have so you don't have to worry about rationing how many pics you take like with a disposable waterproof camera.

Loved the Valor! You'll have a great time, my piece of advice is always go to deck 5 to get places (some of the other decks are chopped up, you'll find out what I mean), but you can go the whole length of the ship on deck 5 (and deck 9, the Lido). I wish I could go again!

I will be going to Cayman Islands for my first time

and am interested in doing one of the Stingray packages ,

but want to be sure that we are able to purchase photos & video of the trip

Do all Stingray packages offer this or how does this work?

Thank you

TRY BOOKING A TOUR THRU CAYMAN IN A NUTSHELL TOURS. WHILE WE WERE SWIMMING WITH THE STINGRAYS THERE WAS SOMEONE VIDEO TAPING THE WHOLE THING PLUS YOU CAN ALSO DO SOME SNORKLING. THE CHARGE FOR THE VIDEO WAS $50 US.

TRY BOOKING A TOUR THRU CAYMAN IN A NUTSHELL TOURS. WHILE WE WERE SWIMMING WITH THE STINGRAYS THERE WAS SOMEONE VIDEO TAPING THE WHOLE THING PLUS YOU CAN ALSO DO SOME SNORKLING. THE CHARGE FOR THE VIDEO WAS $50 US.

That would be excellent

wasnt really interested in the Hell excursion though

and my birthday group is all divided on what they all want to do

so we cant really book our own Group excursion

Oh well

Im still thinking.... LOL

Archived