Fantasy Class Ships, Plastic Balcony Chairs,Why???

mikil321

Hello! This maybe a stupid thread to start for some but I would like to know WHY? the Fantasy class ships were just upgraded and they have cheap Walmart style chairs on the balconies???? I booked this type of room to enjoy what a balcony has to offer and feel it would be nice to sit in some kind of comfort other than cheap plastic? I am sailing Imagination in August and have heard they have plastic chairs in Cat 11 and 12 suites.Whom else has plastic on what ship? Thanks Mikil

Hello! This maybe a stupid thread to start for some but I would like to know WHY? the Fantasy class ships were just upgraded and they have cheap Walmart style chairs on the balconies???? I booked this type of room to enjoy what a balcony has to offer and feel it would be nice to sit in some kind of comfort other than cheap plastic? I am sailing Imagination in August and have heard they have plastic chairs in Cat 11 and 12 suites.Whom else has plastic on what ship? Thanks Mikil

I just came off of the Inspiration last week in a Cat 12 and they had the nice metal and mesh chairs .. Kind of a surprise that both ships JUST GOT REFURBISHED and one has nice chairs and one has Plastic ? Well all I can tell you is that I switched from the Fantasy to the Inspiration. If it means alot to you, I'm sure you could switch as well.. Good Luck..

The Miracle had the cheap plastic (faux wood) chairs in October and they were in the process of switching to an aluminum frame with mesh. I thought that I had read it was to do with fire safety resulting from the Princess fire.

Thanks much for your valuable information? Yes! I didnt think that these plastic chairs are capable of catching fire easily compared to the aluminum mesh ones I have seen on the deck photos??? Id love to get my hands on one of those lounge chairs??? Maybe Carnival are still in the midst of changing the chairs and hope the change will be done by August of this year Thanks again people for your insite! Mikil

Archived