Florida Rental Car

DvsDave

Question on the Dollar rentals - maybe it's in here and I'm missing it. I've successfully booked using this code - $19 a day - YAHOO!!! :D But, I'm not sure which Miami location I should be using. We're flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami. We're spending the night before our cruise at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, and we'll return the car in the AM before we head to the ship. We're currently booked with Avis, but these rates are 1/2 of what I thought my really good rate with Avis was...

Do we just use the Miami Airport location? :confused: Or do we use the special cruise ship one? And then on the flip side - same thing. We're picking up after getting off the ship, and then heading back to FLL. Do we book the Miami Airport Cruise Ship Only option? ]

Anyone that's had experience with this??

Thanks so much in advance!!!

- Jill

I booked the Dollar car from FLL and the return is to the MIA location. Pick up after the cruise was the Cruise Ship Only option. Although I have no experience with this, I asked some of the same questions, the answers are in this link...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=732533

Thanks so much!!! The search function doesn't seem to be working on the board right now, but I knew someone had to have asked the question before. That's exactly as I currently have it set up, and it's cheaper then the Go shuttle (plus we'll be 'free' - with our own transportation!).

Thanks again!

- Jill

Having just done this last week, I can tell you it cost a lot more than $7. I shared my cab with another couple waiting outside the Avis office and it cost us $16 with tip.

I did the Majesty cruise just before the Enchantment.

Archived