How late can I get onto Mariner-Arriving late in Orlando

We are flying into Orlando to get onto the Mariner at Port Canaveral. The ship is supposed to leave at 4:30 pm. I was told by RC that the flight had to arrive no later than 1 pm for them to pick us up from airport. I am a little worried that with all the recent delays, that we might get there later.

Has anyone had that problem before? How late would they actually let you board the ship? I understand that it is a 55 min. drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral.

You have to be on board 90 minutes before sailaway. It's about a 45 minute drive from MCO.....safer to say 1 hour. I would change my flights to the day before. Anything can happen.....and believe me....things happen. (first hand experience here).

There was a post on here a few months ago where a whole bus load of people coming from the airport to the ship were left at the dock. I would try for an earlier flight or stay the night before in Port Canaveral and start your vacation early .:cool:

I believe there is a new DHS rule as well that says everyone has to be on board 60 mins prior to departure or else you can't get on because the cruise line has to give their final passenger manifest to DHS no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

Remember too you have to land, get off the plane, gather your luggage then get your transportation to the pier, etc then drive to the pier, it will take more time then you think!! IMO it will be too close and not worth the stress...The Orlando airport is a big airport and it can take 10 minutes just to walk to the area where the luggage comes out, any delay in the luggage coming out and that adds to your delay...etc

I believe there is a new DHS rule as well that says everyone has to be on board 60 mins prior to departure or else you can't get on because the cruise line has to give their final passenger manifest to DHS no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

Like someone said,it is 90 mins,not 60.......

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

The DHS rule is 60 minutes, but RCCL's rule is 90 minutes before departure.

I recently received this in an email from an online TA

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced a new rule that requires cruise ships departing from US ports to provide the full passenger manifest to government officials 60 minutes before departure. This means that all guests must be checked in and onboard at least an hour before the ship sets sail. Previously, though it was never recommended to cut things so close, passengers could check in and board a ship minutes before departure.

This is what is on RC's web site and they are recommending being at the ship at least 90 minutes before if you have done the online check in and 120 if you have not.

Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.

*Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to your Guest Vacation Documents for specific information

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure

manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online

Check-in at the appropriate website stated below no later than 3 days prior to their

cruise. If you have not completed Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this

process at the pier two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests

must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published

sailing time or they will not be permitted to sail.

This is the official statement from RCI. The manifest is due 60 minutes prior but you must be checked in 90 minutes prior.

Like someone said,it is 90 mins,not 60.......

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

I recently received this in an email from an online TA

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced a new rule that requires cruise ships departing from US ports to provide the full passenger manifest to government officials 60 minutes before departure. This means that all guests must be checked in and onboard at least an hour before the ship sets sail. Previously, though it was never recommended to cut things so close, passengers could check in and board a ship minutes before departure.

This is what is on RC's web site and they are recommending being at the ship at least 90 minutes before if you have done the online check in and 120 if you have not.

Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.

*Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to your Guest Vacation Documents for specific information

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure

manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online

Check-in at the appropriate website stated below no later than 3 days prior to their

cruise. If you have not completed Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this

process at the pier two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests

must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published

sailing time or they will not be permitted to sail.

This is the official statement from RCI. The manifest is due 60 minutes prior but you must be checked in 90 minutes prior.

But wait?? is it 60 mins or 90??;) ;)

I see Robtulip has an old statement

I believe that RCI (and probably other lines as well) has added a fudge factor of 30 minutes to the requirement in order to allow them some time to collect all the information required for the manifest and then to submit it by the official deadline. Passengers have to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to departure and the manifest has to be submitted no less than 60 minutes prior to sailing. I guess we will no longer be able to watch from up on deck as the last minute arrivals rush (or saunter) onboard five minutes prior to sailing.:D

I think wrona posted it correctly...the DHS rule is 60 but RCCL requires 90

I believe that is correct. On our Voyager sailing, we were a bit late leaving, and that was because a number of passengers were late getting to the ship, because of an airline delay. In this case, I believe many of those passengers were on RCI-arranged flights. In cases like that, where they know what flight you're on, because they arranged it for you, they will often wait and let you board, but it depends somewhat on how many people, how late, etc. But we were late leaving, because they could not leave any earlier than 60 minutes after they had everyone checked in and the paperwork ready. (It was definitely less than 90 minutes.)

But wait?? is it 60 mins or 90??;) ;)

I see Robtulip has an old statement

I copied that today from RC's website information on Online Checkin. Cheak it out yourself by going to Before You Board > Online Checkin at their web site.

IMO they can't let you board if you are not there before the 60 minute cut off but want you there 90 minutes before if you did the online checkin or 120 if not.

It is just like in the ports they want onboard 30 minutes before the ship sails but I've seen paxs getting on with only minutes before they sail or even after by coming out with a private or the pilot boat since this wasn't banned to do from that port.

I have not rec'd my eDocs for my upcoming cruise in May but I will be looking for this when it is rec'd.

Archived