Snorkel 7-mile vs. Aqua Boats to Smith's Cove

Brieanna817

hey all!

Going on a 5 night RCCL in May and was wondering if anyone has done the Aqua boat and snorkel adventure where you are operating your own aqua boat for 2 and stop at a place called "Smith's Cove where you can swim, snorkel or just relax on the beach. Next, you'll stop at the ‘Cali' for a chance to see this ancient shipwreck before heading to Rackams bar for complimentary fruit or rum punch." Total price is $84 pp so wondering if anyone has ever been?

Our other option is the catamaran Sail and Snorkel where you "Set sail aboard a luxury catamaran for a two and a half hour sailing and snorkeling adventure along beautiful Seven Mile Beach. Two stops snorkeling in crystal clear waters above coral reefs abundant in tropical marine life are followed by a cruise back to the shore during which time you can sunbathe and enjoy a cool tropical cocktail from the full cash bar". Wondering if this is worth the $69pp....

Also totally different port but has anyone heard of or been on the Sea Turtle Snorkel in Cozumel? I didn't get any responses on the other board. Thanks!! :D

I haven't been to the Cali Wreck yet, hopeful the week of the 3/23. Anyway, I read on a site http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com that the wreck is in walking distance from port. I plan to walk there and maybe also go to cheesburger reef. than I'll head down to Paradise Beach to hang out and eat. To me it's kind of silly to spend a lot of $ on a trip I can do for free. (I bring my own snorkel gear) Although the auqaboat sounds cool!

The aqua boat trip is a blast but you need to check availability carefully because there have been problems with the operation and you don't want to be disappointed.

Personally I'd favor the sail boat trip, way more relaxed.

Incidentaly, if you have your own gear you can snorkel the Cali from Rackam's deck.

A few years back we did the aqua boat snorkel. We have a jetski so going fast and being in a small boat isn't something new but I invisioned pulling up on a small private beach and having wonderful snorkeling. We had rough riding to a site, then snorkeled from the boat. Have you ever tried to climb into an inflatable from the water? It's not a pretty site. The guide tried to help some folks but one rather large woman had an especially difficult time. If you will enjoy the boat ride, maybe so but if you're after snorkeling like we were, maybe try another tour not as expensive.

Smith's Cove is a tiny beach, popular with locals, and also frequented by weddings/ vow renewal services from nearby Grand Old House......just thought you might be interested in the company you may be keeping if you go there :D

Archived