Valor or Legend

Jacky4

I have never taken a cruise that was longer than 5 days. The best part of cruising for me is going to different ports. I am considering a 7 day cruise because I would love to see all the different ports it offers. My concern is that 7 days is just too much. Is there anything I should consider about a 7 day cruise that a first timer wouldn't think about? My other question is which ship would be better Valor or Legend (2 adults & 2 tweens)? Are they both the same? I know all the avid cruisers out there will think I am crazy but I am very nervous (but somewhat excited) about committing to this. Help!

I have been on the Legend and the Conquest (a sister ship of Valor) and preferred the Conquest. So I recommend the Valor. I am trying the Valor in July and have read great reviews. I am doing the Western Caribbean which I think would be a good choice for you since you are worried about not having enough to do. There are 4 port days and only 2 days at sea, so believe me you will be busy! Also, there are more things to do on the Valor especially for tweens since it is a bigger ship and it just got upgraded with a movie screen and mini golf. For you I definitely recommend Valor Western Caribbean.

(BTW, Legend was fun too but I preferred the bigger ship)

I've been on both ships in the last year. The Legend was a nice ship and we enjoyed sailing on her. But the Valor tops the Legend in many areas. Of course it's larger than Legend and has a few more things to make it better.

They just brought it out of dry dock and have added the big outdoor movie screen. The food in the restaurants is good and we especially liked lunch in Rosie's Diner. Rosie's has a deli available and also the "fish n' chips" area on the deck immediately above. Fish n' chips was outstanding and we ate there practically every day for lunch. My vote goes to Valor. ;)

Archived