Last Tender

sweetladyjc

Tenders are specific to your ship. The last tender typically departs 1/2 hour before sail away time. You have to get in the tender line prior to that. They will give you exact instructions on your ship.

Thanks reddi, I forgot to mention that I will be on Carnival Valor. Our ship leaves port at 4pm so is it safe to say that the last tender will be at 3:30pm Grand Cayman time. Does anyone know the difference between Grand Cayman time and the ship time?

Does anyone know the difference between Grand Cayman time and the ship time?
Some ships change their onboard time to match that of the port of call, some don't. It might be better to ask this question on your cruiseline section of CC.

Thanks reddi, I forgot to mention that I will be on Carnival Valor. Our ship leaves port at 4pm so is it safe to say that the last tender will be at 3:30pm Grand Cayman time. Does anyone know the difference between Grand Cayman time and the ship time?

Hi~! We are going to be on this sailing with you. I just posted on the roll call as well. Last August we went to Grand Cayman and had no problem waiting in lines for a tender at 2:30. The people that came in around 3pm had a short wait. I wouldn't wait til 3:30 though as that may be cutting it a bit closer. As for the time in Grand Cayman I can't recall but we stay completly on ship time at all times to avoid getting confused and not making it back in time. The ship time never changes from the time you leave Miami until you return. If you keep your watch set to ship time you will be fine. If what I recall is correct they were an hour ahead of ship time. Grand Cayman was my favorite of all of our stops on that particular sailing. I could have stayed at the beach all day.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know the exact time of the last tender in Grand Cayman? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Are you one of these people they are always calling before we set sail cause your LATE. Plan you time.

Bob

Don't be the person who holds up the whole ship. Some ships are NOT allowed to leave, until all passengers are back on board. In Sept, on the Caribbean Princess, we were held up an hour, waiting for two passengers. We were not able to leave, due to a regulation that exists with certain foreign flagged ships (I think Bermuda flagged, or other British territories).

Anyhow, the Captain was none too pleased, and he was not shy about sharing his displeasure via the PA system. :o

Archived