dinner seating/Camp Carnival

My first cruise with our daughters 11/15. We requested late dinner seating. With this be a problem/conflict with camp carnival activities? I have heard most of the activities the kids like are in the evening after dinner. I'm not adamant that they eat with us--but I would like to have both options available.

Over the years, we have always had the 5:45pm seating and it never interfered with Camp Carnival. However, I understand that not all folks like to eat that early.

I would suggest that you look over these Camp Carnival Capers which lists times and activities...and see which dining times works best for you!

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Camp+Carnival+%2BCapers&new=1&source=chromeheader

While it may not be your particular ship...these Capers are fairly consistant from ship to ship...so it should give you a good general idea.

Happy Cruising!!

My first cruise with our daughters 11/15. We requested late dinner seating. With this be a problem/conflict with camp carnival activities? I have heard most of the activities the kids like are in the evening after dinner. I'm not adamant that they eat with us--but I would like to have both options available.

absolutely switch it if you want them to be able to participate in the cc evening activities.

Do you recommend the 5:45 or 6:15??? I had always heard that 6:15 was better...should I revisit?!?

On our last cruise we had the 6:15 dinner seating and Camp Carnival opened at 7pm so this did not work out for us very well, since my daughter was always upset about missing parts of the fun:( I'd say the 5:45 might work out better.

For our next cruise we decided to choose the 8pm seating so we could feed the kids at the buffet and then take them to camp. As much as I love to eat with my kids, my daughter was sad most of the time about not spending more time at camp, so this will work out much better for us.

We had the 6:15 seating. The kids always ate with us. The activities started at 7pm. This was usually something quiet like trivia. The "fun stuff" was a little later. If they kids wanted to go to kids program before we were finished eating. We take them before dessert was served. It workeed out fine.

Early seating is a must if you want them to eat with you in the dining room and then go to Camp Carnival. We also took them, I should say my husband took them right after the meal and before dessert. And he came back for dessert.

We have done 5:45 and 6:15 and the 5:45 works best for us. We keep the meal moving along and just when we are about to get dessert he can't take it anymore and we take him up to camp! Saves one of us from having dessert every night, but then that person also get to the black jack table first;)

Do you recommend the 5:45 or 6:15??? I had always heard that 6:15 was better...should I revisit?!?

i LOVE the 6:15, but have only gotten it once.:(

the reason i like the 6:15 is lido...i hate having to leave lido so early to get myself showered and dressed and everything (for everyone in my family) ironed. that extra half hour to me is great. to me, it's 30 mins longer that i get to stay and relax in the sun.

when you request dining, try to request first requested, 6:15, though i am not sure they categorize it as such.

btw, the 6:15 seating will only be an option on the classes of ship that have TWO dining rooms and FOUR seatings. it will not be available on spirit class ships.

One other thought - Our boys did not like camp carnival, but they did like going to the shows with us. We always were at the early show and they had a blast. Had we been at dinner then, we would have had to go to the late show and that pushes their bed time back that much further. NOt a big deal until I want them up the next morning. Just a thought.

I am dealing with the same issue, I too booked the late dinner thinking it would be better (Family of 8 w/kids 10,13, &16) but after reading so many post I also feel I made a mistake. I am going to call tomorrow and find out what I can do to change. Ow I hope I didn't mess up. Everyone has told me that I can do the buffet, but I want my family to enjoy fine dinning.....They need to know that their is more types of dinning other then the Golden Corral Restaurant. :D

Last year on the Carnival Spirit, the 12 - 14 age group conflicted with late seating dinner...dinner at 8:15, disco for teens at 8:30...The kids ended up eating with us only for formal nights, and then only for about 1/2 hour. Our waitress was the best for getting them their entree right away so they could leave.

We've asked for late seating again, but so far it looks like this time the kids will have 90 minutes or so before teen activities, and we might actually get to see them for supper :)

Archived