Opinion On Stateroom?

We booked inside cabins for our first 7 cruises - enjoyed the quiet and darkness immensely. Then booked a balcony, next a grand suite, and last cruise an owners suite - didn't think we'd be able to go back inside. But, for our Australian cruise, we have booked inside again due to pricing - and are okay with that. We really don't care, as long as we are cruising!:p

Thanks for all of your opinions. I called and upgraded to a balcony. My wife and I hope to have kids soon, so this our be the last chance for a little while.

Don't let having kids stop you fron cruising. There are many, myself included, that have cruised with kids and had a great experience! It really is a nice vacation for everyone- from 0.5 to 105.

<waiting for those that do not think kids belong on a cruise ship to flame> :D

What does everyone prefer for a stateroom? Interior, oceanview, or balcony? We booked an interior room but are having seconds thoughts and are considering upgrading to a balcony.

Any stateroom is fine for me as long as I am on the ship. You're not spending a lot of time in your stateroom. Well we didn't.

I've cruised in an interior and a balcony. If it meant being able to go more often, I'd have no problem taking the interior (or a promenade on ships that have it). The balcony is great, but the interior was just fine. Plus for the interior-no light to wake us up...I have never slept better on vacation that I did in the cave! :p But being able to wake up and go out on the balcony to watch the ocean go by is an amazing way to start the say, and more than makes up for the fact that I'm up way earlier than I'd really like to be. I haven't and won't sail in an oceanview. I think if I couldn't walk outside, I'd rather just be in an interior.

I am definitely a balcony gal. I need a view, I tend to be claustrophobic and fear being sent into a panic attack in an interior cabin. However, I agree with the message above that describes OV as a tease, lol. I'd much prefer a Prominade view room---cheaper than OV, and gives you a whole new perspective of the ship. We'll have a hump balcony on our August cruise on the Freedom...DF (at that point, DH, it'll be our honeymoon) has never had a balcony and therefore doesn't understand my excitement and urge to spend the $$ on the upgrade. He shall soon see :)

Well for us, its always inside. We will be going on our 3rd cruise this August.

Even with the kids, we hardly spend anytime in the room. When my youngest naps, one of us crawls in bed with her for a little nap as well;) .

This yr we are getting 2 connecting inside cabins. We are a family of 5 and I do not work. It is what we can afford... I rather save the extra money for something else.

My sister in law and brother in law will cruise with us this August, and were with us on our last cruise. They had a balcony room. Honestly, for the first few minutes it was beautiful...but after awhile it was making me dizzy looking outside:rolleyes: . I feel the motion way too much,and looking outside made it worse..

We have 3 kids, and we are earlier risers. We go out, have breakfast, do excursions, or other activities if a sea day, and only go back to the room for naptime, or change clothes...normally my youngest kids go to bed around 8pm, but on vacation they stay up later. I am NOT a late night person, and never have been known to go to bed(even on vacation)after 11, and that is pushing it for me ;)

Archived